Job description / Role
L'OCCITANE is an equal opportunities employer. This means that, when making decisions about our employees' careers with us, our main considerations are their ability to do their jobs and develop in their roles. One way we cultivate change is by creating a more diverse and inclusive workplace and organizational culture. As part of this, we are committed to building an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment where everyone feels respected and valued. We recruit positive-minded people who share our core values - entrepreneurship, team spirit, leading by example and authenticity - and our commitment to sustainability.
L'OCCITANE Group's mission is to "empower entrepreneurs and communities to cultivate natural beauty and well-being and regenerate nature". L'OCCITANE is also committed to sustainability for business, people & the planet, as well as respect of human rights, ethics principles and labour protection. All employees at L'OCCITANE must therefore implement the company's mission and integrate the social, environmental, economic and legal effects of their actions in their day-to-day job. In practice, this means that any employee at L'OCCITANE shall contribute to growing sales, regenerating nature, caring for our consumers & partners and supporting our employees.
What you'll be doing
The Travel Retail Middle East team oversees the development of Groupe L'Occitane in the Travel Retail markets in the Middle East by building the Group's brand portfolio through consistent brand visibility and consumer experience.
The Regional Director, reporting to the Travel Retail EMEAA General Manager and to the Managing Director for Middle East, will define and execute the operating plans to develop Groupe L'Occitane brands, increase the market share and achieve the net revenues, and operating profit objectives budgeted to achieve a long-term sustainable business.
He/She will ensure the correct communication between HQ and the JV, motivate and develop the human capital in his / her organization.
This role will have 30-40% Travel in the ME region and to Europe and may require occasional travel beyond Europe or Middle East for Team meetings. The TR director has a dual reporting to the EMEA Travel Retail General Manager and the Local Managing Director for L'Occitane TR EMEAA General Manager and Managing Director - L'Occitane Middle East, with 2 Direct Reports i.e. TR ME Retail Sales Development Manager & TR ME Trade Marketing Manager.
The role is divided into four major aspects:
- Together with the TR EMEAA GM and MD - Middle East, will define the best path to achieve the business objectives established for the unit and brand portfolio, in accordance with company's strategic planning.
- Define yearly budgets / targets for the region and review with TREMEAA Teams + MD for Middle East
- Manage the Business Objectives on a Brand and Account level.
- Organize regular Review Meetings for the region.
- Identify regional and global industry trends and opportunities (category, clients, brands, etc...).
- Identify areas of expansion in the region.
- Run local operating plans (Sales, Marketing, Forecast...) and execute local growth initiatives.
- Participate in strategic business reviews with Key Accounts and lead the execution of plans in the region.
- Ensure implementation of collaborative planning and follow up on suggested orders.
- Become a vehicle for the identification of Best Practices within the organization and the industry.
- Define the objectives and policies of the Subsidiary according to the Corporate guidelines and control that all heads of department under his responsibility understand the company objectives.
- Report to HQ all relevant managerial data (KPI and Sales and Operations reports) of his subsidiary, on a monthly basis.
- Be the communication bridge between the Subsidiary and HQ, and between the Subsidiary and the other Subsidiaries.
- Lead, manage and develop a team of 2 direct reports (Sales and Marketing) and 15 Beauty Advisors in the region.
- Cooperatively engage with the matrix of stakeholders including the JV partners to lead and influence key decisions to deliver business growth objectives.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of plans and program and recommend/implement improvements.
What you'll need to succeed
- Strong business acumen and interest in travel retail industry, retail trends, brand development, innovation and digital passion about the beauty and luxury industry.
- Knowledge of the Middle East market and its macro economical aspects is a plus.
- Consumer centric, entrepreneurial spirit and an efficient communicator
- Managing diversity and multiple stakeholders (HQ and JV)
- Flexible and able to challenge status quo and to adapt to new scenarios and business situations by bringing new insights.
- Natural leader who through his/her personality and impact is a motivational & efficient/effective leader and team-builder.
- Solid relationship building skills to manage the relationship between L'Occitane group and the clients effectively.
- Ability to interact in a multicultural environment.
- Team player & cooperation.
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.