Job description / Role
Responsible for ensuring regional compliance with both GAAP and local statutory accounting and reporting guidance. The regional controller will be part of National Paints Holding - Group Finance Team and lead the regional businesses, market operations, global policy and process experts and corporate accounting leadership to maintain accounting mastery. The Financial Controller drives the short, mid and long-term financial planning process and supports the business toward the achievement of the objectives set.
Financial & Management Accounting Responsibilities
- Managing the accounting records, financial reports and overseeing the issuance of SBUs financial reporting.
- Ensure all balance sheet accounts are fully reconciled on a monthly basis and discrepancies are immediately identified and corrected.
- To oversee the Finance and Accounting department in the components, and ensure its smooth running so that all financial and management reports are accurate and available by their due dates.
- Generate and discuss with relevant party special operations analysis reports with a strategic objective of minimizing the variance: performance versus budget and versus prior year, flow through analysis, outlet menu engineering, profit margin analysis, manning structure and payroll cost, etc.
Strategic Planning & Business Support
- Develops SBU finance strategies by contributing financial and accounting information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic direction; establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Prepare and present return on investment evaluation for capital development projects when needed.
- Maximizes return on invested funds by identifying investment opportunities; maintaining relationships with asset management.
Communication & Relationship
- Work closely with the Direct Manager and act as a business advisor and risk advocate.
- To maintain close communication with third parties such as the public auditors, external auditors, business partners and local authorities.
- Work on special assignments set by the Direct manager and meet a specific deadline set by the group.
Risk, Audit and Compliance Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with company finance directives and delegation of authority.
- To devise and maintain a system of internal accounting control sufficient to ensure that transactions are executed in accordance with Management’s general and specific authorization and in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and specific country legislation.
- To review and certify any company internal or external financial reporting before distribution.
- Contribute to company finance policy drafting, implementation and ensure compliance within the Area.
- The ideal candidate would be an Arabic Speaker with Big 4 Audit experience, who has subsequently moved into a management role within industry.
- Managing multiple P&L’s as well as leading a small team.
- Experience with a top tier ERP system, e.g. SAP, Oracle, etc. and preferably been a part of ERP implementation.
- Comfortable leading an end to end close without requiring supervision or support from Senior Management, apart from in exceptional circumstances.
- 5-7 years of experience in operational & commercial finance.
- Fluency in English & Arabic.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to build trusting relationships with customers, teams and stakeholders.
- Solid experience of managing the business cycle through planning and budgeting forecasts in a multi-level organization.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills including communicating complex financial content to a range of audiences.
- Bachelors from an accredited university
- Professional qualification (CPA, ACCA or equivalent)
About the Company
At National Paints we strive to provide products that help make peoples lives more vibrant and colorful.
Since our founding in early 1969 at Amman, Jordan, we have been moving forward at a rapid pace by capitalizing on all growth opportunities and improving our operating efficiency so as to expand on our global presence and sharpen our product portfolio.
Our Vision: To leave a distinct touch everywhere through our products and contribution in other products
Our Mission: To maintain distinct relations with our clients and work with them in a team spirit in order to fulfill their perception through providing them with high quality products by using up to date scientific methods and techniques.
Head of Finance
Unibuild Group of Companies
Manpower Middle East
Rothenberger Middle East FZCO
RTC-1 Employment Services
|Abu Dhabi||18 Oct|