Job description / Role
This role is based in Fujairah, reporting to Area General Manager Marine Services, lower gulf. The primary responsibilities of the incumbent shall be ‘Excellence in Service Delivery” of the Regional Operations Centre (ROC), in accordance with Customers’ SLA and company’s SOPs, aligned with Group and Operational strategy. The incumbent shall play a key role in stabilizing the existing and formulating new processes, including setting up of performance metrics and monitoring.
What You'll Do?
• Responsible for the overall day-to-day running of the ROC
• Manage all departments/divisions within the ROC
• Support the quality check PDA’s that are created by the Operations Executives
• Ensure smooth migration and consolidation of functions in central facilities as laid out in SOPs / SLAs
• Ensure that customer service and customer satisfaction remain a top priority in all elements of the functions performed in this department
• Delegate appointed supervisors to ensure support and process/SOPs compliance from the team
• Ensure full knowledge, understanding and application of One DA to support any areas of improvement
• Improve processes and ensure transfer of best practices (from local business units as well) and regular interaction with key teams within its functions.
• Develop & document work processes that enable financial discipline around all aspects of relevant operations including controls on prefunding, OK To Sail process and credit management for all accounts.
• Effectively interact with the Area Management Team, take ownership to implement the agreed process changes, in relation to the ROC.
• Reduce costs and overheads by way of improved processes and right first-time delivery.
• Develop expertise in using the Inchcape Operating System (One DA), and guide the users on trouble shooting.
• Strictly monitor the adherence of ROC team to operational KPIs stated in the SOP, including opening of appointments, updating of ATS/Checklist, submission of invoices/ registers and One DA QQ.
• Work collaboratively with all functions to ensure that the DA turnaround targets are achieved.
• Ensure accurate capture of information in the ROC Success Report and submission within the agreed timelines.
• Ensure effective performance management for the team at all levels by focusing on key areas such as leadership development, innovation, objective setting, cross training, and knowledge transfer.
• Create a culture of operational excellence and support / mentor Key star performers.
• Complete the leave plan at the beginning of the year and ensure that the plans were strictly followed to ensure business continuity.
• Establish an effective internal communication channels with other functions - Finance, HR and other internal and external Principals and service providers.
Reporting & MIS Systems.
• Responsible for the overall development, collation and reporting of KPI dashboards, coordinate production of various MIS reports for use by the senior management.
• Monitor, document and report business risks and internal controls of the function managed, alert Area GM immediately for any significant changes.
• Develop processes to leverage the usage of One GL systems and ability to extract meaningful reports etc.
• Minimum of 5 years of extensive hands on experience managing central / hub operations in shipping agency.
• Experience at business unit level with excellent people management skills
• Experience in process-oriented environment e.g. B.P.O
• Structured operations exposure
• A proactive personality
• Deadlines oriented and good time management
• Excellent communications skills and good command of English language (oral and written)
• Strategic thinker and talents optimizer
• Entrepreneurial mindset
• Proactive and innovative thinker
• Peoples management and team player
• Multicultural awareness and respect
• University graduate of Business Management or similar equivalent
• A good understanding of port agency operations from enquiry stage through to presenting the FDA
• Very strong understanding of processes and application
• Excellent understanding of cloud base systems / company’s systems
Why Choose Inchcape Shipping Services?
• We have an inclusive work environment where you can thrive and do your best work
• We treat our employees the same way we treat our customers -- with value, respect, and empathy
• We encourage cross-collaboration and believe it will only make us a better company
• We have competitive compensation, and offer health benefits as soon as you sign
• We support our employees with flexible work culture
• We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity, and equal opportunity.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only candidates selected to proceed in the recruitment process will be contacted.
About the Company
Inchcape Shipping Services (ISS) provides global strategic maritime, cargo and supply chain solutions to shipowners and operators who span all geographies, market segments, vessels and asset types.
Robinson Faris Jones - Human Resources (RFJ-HR)
Big Fish Recruitment
RTC-1 Employment Services
|Abu Dhabi||8 Apr|
Operations & Projects Manager
Middle East Executive