Job description / Role
EMEA Regional Project Manager Job
Work Area: Administration
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
The EMEA Regional Project Manager (GPS) is responsible for the overall management of EMEA projects throughout the lifecycle. S/he is responsible for defining, planning, tracking and managing the individual projects, for identifying key resources and providing the direction they require in order to meet project objectives.
The EMEA Regional Project Manager (GPS) provides project coordination, liaising with other internal team members in EMEA GPS (Regional Finance; Sub Regional/Country Head; Applications and Technology Expert; Enterprise Network Systems Expert), for enterprise-grade intrusion, access control, IP video surveillance, mass notification, and supporting subsystems, including scheduling, system administration, material ordering, delivery, tooling, reporting, deliverables and job close-out.
There will be on average 30 EMEA-related projects per annum across the portfolio; frequent communication and proactive planning to both internal and external customers is paramount. This is a key team position to coordinate all efforts to satisfy customer expectations.
The EMEA Regional Project Manager (GPS) provides leadership and subject matter expertise to cross-functional teams (GPS, GRF, IT, GPO, etc.) responsible for delivering defined project outputs to time, budget and project quality criteria. S/He also ensures adherence to project management methodology practices, provides internal EMEA GPS team coaching, evaluates the performance of team members and reinforces the enterprise knowledge management through the collection and communication of lessons learned. In that capacity s/he will:
- Participate in the project planning activities and manage the execution of projects according to plan
- Manage relationship with project stakeholders, including internal (GPS SLT, GRF, IT, GPO, LoB) and external (Vendor/Integrators/Manufacturers) clients, keeping stakeholders informed of progress and issues in order to manage expectations on all project requirements and deliverables.
- Manage and communicate a clear vision of the project's objectives and motivate the project team to achieve them; create a project environment that enables peak performance by team members.
- Proactively identify changes in work scope and ensure appropriate planning measures are taken with internal and external stakeholders to reassess and amend the scope of work requirements, budget and timeline.
- Manage the financial aspects of projects in liaison with EMEA Regional Finance, respective GPS Sub Regional/Country Manager and EMEA Regional Head GPS.
- Analyze risk, establish contingency plans and identify trigger events and responsibilities for initiating mitigating action.
- Determine what constitutes successful closure for all parties (including defining snag lists/site sign off and completion with VAR and standing up respective service and maintenance contracts). Gain acceptance and sign-off by all parties when closure is attained.
- Proactively manage project stakeholder satisfaction to position and secure customer reference and success story.
- Coach to clarify assignments and deliverables to project team; review quality of work and manage integration of team members' work; provide performance input to project team members' functional management (EMEA Regional and Sub Regional GPS Heads).
- Use customer (independent of channel) and delivery organization feedback to develop future-oriented customer service strategies.
Experience, Education, and Certifications:
- 8+ years of project management experience in project implementations.
- Outstanding experience of project management in complex, silo-driven environments; often across country and cultural boundaries; hostile-environments; and often within demanding time-frames.
- Demonstrated expertise in creating and maintaining project deliverables such as: project charter, project management plan, status reports, project timesheets, communications plan, budget and schedule.
- Experience with SAP ERP (Ariba, Field Glass, ISP), desirable.
- Good working knowledge of physical security systems (access control, network video, electronic door locking, low-voltage structured cabling, basic networking concepts - IP addresses, MAC addresses, etc.), desirable;
- Experience reviewing physical security and IT drawings, desirable.
- Good working knowledge of physical security risk assessment processes (risk assessment and vulnerability analysis; site surveys, etc.) and methodologies desirable
- Bachelor's degree required in Computing Science, Financial, Mathematics, Engineering, Administration or IT areas.
- Master's degree, preferably in commerce, engineering, information technologies or MBA is an asset.
- Has extensive knowledge of Project Management methodologies and possess the skills to manage Projects and Programs from end to end.
- Training & Certification:
- PMI-centric project management Advanced courses
- MS Project
- PMI CAPM or PMP Certification
- AutoCAD design software
- Ability to pass background verification.
- Fluent in English; other languages highly desirable
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now .
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. I
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
About the Company
Headquartered in Walldorf, Germany, SAP is the world's largest business software company with more than 51,500 employees at sales and development locations in more than 50 countries worldwide.
Our global development approach focuses on distributing development across the world in strategically important markets. A global network of SAP Labs spanning Bulgaria, Canada, China, Germany, Hungary, India, Israel, and the United States, enables SAP to operate locally, yet organize globally.
As the global technology research unit of SAP, SAP Research significantly contributes to SAP's product portfolio and extends SAP's leading position by identifying and shaping emerging IT trends through applied research and corporate venturing. SAP Research has highly skilled teams in 11 research centers worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Deputy Project Manager for a Construction and Engineering Company
A Leading Recruitment Agency in UAE
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
Ignite Search & Selection
Cloud Project Manager