Job description / Role
Reporting into a French-based Group Tax Director and under the immediate supervision of the Regional CFO for Middle East, the successful candidate will have a background in international tax, strong communication skills and a can-do attitude, as well as experience engaging with stakeholders from different disciplines and cultures.
• Accountable for the implementation of appropriate tax governance including compliance processes and controls across the Region to ensure low risk status
• Supporting the development of the tax strategy and implementation of governance structures across all taxes at Regional level
• Developing action plans for resolution of issues where necessary
• Though mainly dedicated to the Region Middle East. The Regional Tax Manager will also actively support the APAC Region on any specific or general tax assignments.
Controlling & Reporting
• In close coordination with the Group tax department and Regional CFO, designing, developing and implementing tax processes to ensure all compliance obligations are met and appropriate records maintained
• Supporting half and full year corporate tax and deferred tax provisioning (statutory and Group level)
• Reviewing / developing and improving VAT processes and more globally improving VAT control environment
• Working with stakeholders, including external advisers, operational teams and finance, to identify and address tax risks and opportunities and implement process improvements
• Assisting in designing and implementing transfer pricing policy and ensuring local TP filing and reporting are done
• Reviewing tax returns prior to submission and in cooperation with local accounting teams and / or external firms / providing technical inputs
• Contributing to the Group tax reporting (including Country by country report)
• Providing clear, practical and business focused advice on the tax implications of projects and tenders
• Managing tax enquiries and tax audits (Regional level)
• Supporting, in close coordination with the Group tax department and (if needed) external advisers, M&A projects including due diligence, tax structuring, tax integration of targets and Group tax reporting
• Coordinate with Group tax / legal and finance teams on specific projects, including financing, cash repatriation, legal-entity rationalization and simplification, etc.
• Acting as a point of contact for ad hoc taxation queries from the business
• Monitoring tax legislative changes and assessing impacts these would have on the business
• Leading and supporting ad hoc tax projects
• Driving education and training on tax throughout the business
• A minimum of 10 years of experience in tax and regulations
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, report writing and presentation skills.
• Excellent knowledge of tax accounting, tax compliance and all types of tax returns.
• Good at meeting deadlines and solving problem.
About the Company
Egis is an international player active in the consulting, construction engineering and mobility service sectors. We create and operate intelligent infrastructure and buildings capable of responding to the climate emergency and helping to achieve more balanced, sustainable and resilient territorial development. With operations in 120 countries, Egis places the expertise of its 16,000 employees at the disposal of its clients and develops cutting-edge innovation accessible to all projects. Through its wide-ranging fields of activity, Egis is a central player in the collective organisation of society and the living environment of citizens all over the world.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Middle East Executive
Finance Manager (Manufacturing)