Job description / Role
Who we are
We are a leading partner for luxury across the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands and over 65 years of experience in the region, we have become a major player in the beauty, fashion and gift sectors, by offering service excellence to our partners and delighting all our customers. We are moving fast from a traditional distributor and retailer for luxury in the Middle East, to a hybrid retailer bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
To fuel the next stage of our growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey of exploring new horizons together.
What you will be doing
- Follow all relevant Visual Merchandising policies, processes and standard operating procedures so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner
- Escalate complex problems to the relevant person to ensure case/issue is closed efficiently and in timely a manner
- Contribute value adding ideas in all areas with a sharp focus on how these ideas can increase commerciality and store performance
- Create concepts, design strategies, merchandising directions and guidelines to express creative vision Use “Creative watch”, EDGE and other data sources to apply and adopt best practice learning to the region, market or store environment
- Consolidate reports from market or stores and compile commercial analysis of VM activity undertaken
- Review reports compiling action points for market or stores to complete before sending complete report to regional VM teams
- Establish a close working relationship with market team and give them actionable feedback about VM activity Provide examples and data to help explain the VM requirements objectively
- Improve quality and standards of VM activities and proactively review other providers
- Create and cultivate strong relationships with local stakeholders and suppliers
- Champion housekeeping in region/market
- Utilize available data sources - Commercial, Retail, Brand and communication proactively to draw on existing knowledge, use them to identify patterns in consumer behavior and recommend actions to drive the business
- Identify knowledge gaps and propose action to fill them Transform consumer and shopper insight into VM activity that achieves long-term competitive advantage and commercial gain for the brand, category or store Track wider consumer, shopper and Visual Merchandising trends and is able to anticipate potential future trends resulting from them
- Generate enthusiasm for the brands product display vision in the business
- Conduct meetings with Buying teams, store managers, stylists, floor managers and Product presentation teams to ensure meetings are held in line with the specified calendar
- Produce clear concise reporting to all Visual Merchandising stakeholders to ensure all have data to help promote business growth
- Provide Visual Merchandising guidelines to Product presentation and store team, monitor implementation and identify new ways of working when standards are not met
- Work with store staff and product presentation team to generate enthusiasm and passion for the brand product display principles and excellence in implementation
- Adopt merchandising in line with the specificity of each store and in line with merchandise team and Brand image Manage the budgets received (% of sales) and ensure adherence
- Inspire Design team to create Visual Merchandising Display concepts from a brief encapsulating commercial, retail, brand and communication objectives
- Devise concepts that form a 360° display concept for a brand and/or store Use expert knowledge to recommend when design trends/ VM concepts can lead the way or play a supporting role in achieving the brands objectives
- Validate mood and material boards and approve materials from providers
- Define and manage a clear installation calendar, when dates are not met identify action to be taken in future Ensure the cost effectiveness of providers and suppliers pricing both locally and regionally
What you'll need to succeed
- 4+ years of experience in visual merchandising
- Access to travel across the UAE/GCC
- Experience in handling multiple locations across multiple countries
- Experience with setting up new stores/pop-up
- Strong Visual Merchandising Portfolio
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.