Job description / Role
Dragon Recruiting has a fantastic opportunity for Rehabilitation Counselor to work with one of the prestigious healthcare organization in UAE. Dragon Recruiting is an International Recruitment and HR Consultants with two corporate offices in London and Dubai and over 50 representative offices across 8 regions of the world.
• Counsel individuals to maximize the independence and employability of persons coping with personal, social, and vocational difficulties that result from birth defects, illness, disease, accidents, or the stress of daily life.
• Coordinate activities for residents of care and treatment facilities.
• Assess client needs and design and implement rehabilitation programs that may include personal and vocational counseling, training, and job placement.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide individual and group counseling to help clients adjust to their disability
• Evaluate clients’ abilities, interests, experience, skills, health, and education
• Develop a treatment plan in consultation with other professionals, such as doctors, therapists, and psychologists
• Create rehabilitation or treatment plans based on clients’ values, strengths, limitations, and goals
• Arrange for clients to obtain services, such as medical care or career training
• Help employers understand the needs and abilities of people with disabilities, as well as laws and resources that impact people with disabilities
• Assist clients in creating strategies to develop their strengths and adjust to their limitations
• Locate resources, such as wheelchairs or computer programs, that help clients live and work more independently
• Monitor clients’ progress and adjust the rehabilitation or treatment plan as necessary
• Advocate for the rights of people with disabilities to live in the community and work in the job of their choice
• Excellent benefits as per company policy
• Graduation from an accredited college/university with a Bachelor’s degree in a mental health, health or other appropriate human services related discipline.
• Five (5) years of related work experience is required, three (3) of which shall have included the provision of case management services, vocational guidance, and/or work in a residential mental health program.
• Knowledge of casework methodology and techniques of rehabilitation counseling
• Knowledge of federal and state laws governing the delivery of rehabilitation services
• Ability to interpret medical and psychological data in planning and developing rehabilitative services
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with consumers, family members, and various professional and specialty services involved in the rehabilitation process
• Ability to network and communicate effectively with area service providers and community agencies through excellent verbal and written skills
About the Company
Dragon Recruiting is a leading international staffing and recruitment company, head-quartered in London, with further offices all over the globe. Our clients range from numerous well known UK and international businesses. We also represent a wide range of less well known clients - helping them to find staff for their businesses around the world.
As an international recruitment agency, our clients benefit from a vast network of human resource specialists who attract, cultivate and connect organisations to talent in both global and local markets. Our unrivalled
scope of services and global reach allow us to share candidates and roles across borders. With greater coverage and tools, we can ensure our clients and candidates all get the best outcome for their recruitment needs.
With experience of over 3 decades we are recruiting more than 10,000 workers annually to and from the UK, USA and the Middle East and several other Asian countries. We specialize in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.