Job description / Role
• To solicit & acquire "new to bank" relationships, as well as leverage on the existing assigned portfolio within commercial space, in coordination with Head of Liabilities
• Solicit new to bank relationships, as well as manage an assigned portfolio with existing (non- borrowing) commercial clients, to retain & grow their banking relationships in a profitable manner and in line with assigned business growth targets.
• Achieve the assigned sales targets on Liabilities Volume & Revenue (for Self & Team)
• Volume: Average & Actual / Products : CASA & Deposits / Revenue : Net Interest Income + (Cross Sell FX, PCM & Trade)
• Making regular visits to clients for both monitoring and business generation purposes. Such visits to be recorded by way of call reports which are to include all pertinent information in a timely manner.
• Conduct account planning with product partners, in order to ensure multi-product relationship and greater Share of wallet. Facilitating other lines of business in exploiting business opportunities through referrals to Wealth / Consumer Banking and other business segments
• Establish effective & professional communication (both internal and external) to ensure turnaround time within designated parameters and higher client satisfaction levels.
• Manage & Support the assigned team members, comprising of RM's / ARM's / RO and provide professional advice, guidance, training & motivation to enhance their potential & capabilities to hold higher responsibilities, and conduct their performance reviews.
• Comply with internal audit requirements in line with the policy guidelines, to ensure high standards of uniformity and consistency across the Bank
• Strict adherence to AML / Compliance, and Central Bank Guidelines in line with the banks policy
• Bachelor's Degree (MBA preferred)
• Minimum 8 - 10 years of banking experience within UAE, of which last 5 years in Liabilities within Corporate, Commercial & Treasury
• Managing a current liability portfolio of AED 1 Billion +
About the Company
In 1969, when we at Commercial Bank of Dubai started out little did we know that sheer grit and determination would get us where we are today. An Emiri Decree issued by His Highness the Late Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, the founder of modern Dubai, laid the cornerstone of Commercial Bank of Dubai. We started out as a joint venture of Commerzbank, Chase Manhattan Bank and Commercial Bank of Kuwait. A minority stake was held by a few UAE businessmen.
By 1982, little more than a decade later, we evolved into a National Public Shareholding company. A feat complimented by an exponential increase in the capital base and mammoth restructuring of our operations. The feather in the cap came when the Government of Dubai became a key shareholder.
Over the decades, we have transformed ourselves into a progressive and modern banking institution. We are supported by a sturdy financial base and reigned by a strong and stable management. The proof of which lies with our customers who have stood by us over the years.