Job description / Role
Relationship Officer - Corporate Banking (UAE National) - L - 14
• Closely work with Relationship Managers of Corporate Banking to develop and expand the Bank's corporate business from existing corporate customers and from new relationships in order to meet Bank's growth objectives.
• Assist Senior Team members with development and implementation of new Corporate Banking products.
• Analyse and evaluate credit proposals and information given by the customer such as project reports, feasibility reports, balance sheet, cash flows etc. to structure the credit lines, balancing the risk and reward.
• Process new applications, renewals, excess and isolated requests for new and existing customers in coordination with Relationship Managers. Liaise with Credit and TFC departments for customer transactions
• Liaison with customers for their day to day banking requirements.
• Ensure customers are informed of the expiry of their facilities and other matters.
• Scrutinize and deliver all security documents to customers for signatures
• Maintain good relationships with key potential corporate clients. Assist Senior Team members to develop these into successful, ongoing business relationships in order to establish a basis for potential business
• Deal with routine customer queries through internal and external communication and provide appropriate answers or support to enhance the customer satisfaction
• Monitor the progress of corporate deals and ensure quick action in case of any adverse development.
• Review new applications for loans and credit cards to confirm their completeness and initiate processing, by deciding those cases within delegated level of authority and handing-over the remaining to the appropriate authorities.
• Develop competitor awareness to assess the extent to which the Bank's products and services are competitive and to provide suitable feedback to Senior Team members.
• Take active interest to build skills and develop competencies to hold higher responsibilities
• Degree in any discipline preferably Economics or Finance or Business Management
• 3-4 years experience in banking with exposure to Corporate Banking
About the Company
In 1969, when we at Commercial Bank of Dubai started out little did we know that sheer grit and determination would get us where we are today. An Emiri Decree issued by His Highness the Late Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, the founder of modern Dubai, laid the cornerstone of Commercial Bank of Dubai. We started out as a joint venture of Commerzbank, Chase Manhattan Bank and Commercial Bank of Kuwait. A minority stake was held by a few UAE businessmen.
By 1982, little more than a decade later, we evolved into a National Public Shareholding company. A feat complimented by an exponential increase in the capital base and mammoth restructuring of our operations. The feather in the cap came when the Government of Dubai became a key shareholder.
Over the decades, we have transformed ourselves into a progressive and modern banking institution. We are supported by a sturdy financial base and reigned by a strong and stable management. The proof of which lies with our customers who have stood by us over the years.