Job description / Role
- Gather, analyze and synthesize data into findings
- Execute business market research/analysis and competitor assessments
- Assist with business modeling and case development
- Engage in problem-solving and pattern recognition to address specific challenges
- Assist in analysis and documentation of business processes, people, technology, etc.
- Assist in development and testing of new business processes and capabilities
- Provide rigorous analytical and quantitative support to various project teams
- Analyze large sets of data to address business issues
- Required to design questionnaires, discussion guides, put together presentations with minimal input
- Provide sound guidance on analysis techniques and "finding the story", finalize and ensure strategic content of conclusions and recommendations, always adding value to research results (both qualitative and quantitative)
- Holder of a Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field such as economics, statistics, and research
- Fast ability to learn using quantitative and analytical skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office
- 1-2 years' experience in a role requiring strong oral and written communication skills to multiple levels within the organization
- Preferable to have previous experience in broadcast research, market research, financial analysis, or statistics knowledge and experience in the media industry
- Advanced data management and analytical skills (e.g., statistical quantitative analysis, regression models and database modeling)
- Must speak, read and write Arabic and English at business proficient level
- Advance proficiency in Microsoft EXCEL and PowerPoint applications; working knowledge and ability to write macros
- Eagerness to contribute in a team-oriented environment
- Proven leadership and interpersonal skills
About the Company
MBC GROUP is the largest media company in the Middle East & North Africa region that enriches people’s lives through information, interaction and entertainment. In 2002, nearly a decade after the launch of MBC1 in London, in 1991, MBC GROUP moved its headquarters to Dubai Media City, United Arab Emirates.
Today, MBC GROUP includes over 17 leading TV channels: MBC1 (general family entertainment); MBC2 & MBC MAX (24-hour western movies); MBC3 (children’s edutainment with a mix of both local productions and western acquisitions); MBC4 (entertainment for young families with a female-focus); MBC ACTION (an indigenous adrenaline-packed channel targeting young males with local and homegrown productions); MBC VARIETY (Western films and general entertainment with uninterrupted broadcasting); MBC DRAMA (24/7 Arabic drama) & MBC+ DRAMA (a joint pay-TV channel between MBC and OSN); MBC PERSIA (general family entertainment dubbed and subtitled in Farsi); WANASAH (24-hour Arabic music channel); MBC MASR & MBC MASR2 (general family entertainment geared towards the Egyptian family); MBC BOLLYWOOD (delivering the freshest in Bollywood content geared towards the region via an Arabized interface); MBC USA (on “Dish Network” in the US); MBC IRAQ (a premium channel aimed at the entire Iraqi family), MBC5 (new satellite channel dedicated to the Maghreb); all of them benefit from MBC STUDIOS which produces the region’s most compelling premium content for cinema, television and on-demand platforms. MBC GROUP also includes two FM radio stations: MBC FM (Gulf music) and Panorama FM (contemporary Arabic hit music).
Furthermore, part of MBC GROUP is Shahid and its premium subscription-based service Shahid VIP, the world’s leading Arabic streaming platform, home to highly rated original productions from the Arab world, a wide range of exclusive movies and premieres, as well as the top watched live Arab TV channels.
Performance Data Analyst
Graduate Executive Researcher
TGC Middle East
Research & Development Specialist
RTC-1 Employment Services