Job description / Role
The College of Business and Economics (CBE) at the United Arab Emirates University is seeking a research assistant in the area of Economics, Tourism and data analysis.
Requirements: Good command of English and knowledge of STATA. We welcome applications from candidates who have an interest in applied and quantitative economics. The project will feature parallel processing of many standard data as well as working with gravity dataset. We particularly value interest in empirical analyses, especially in empirical macroeconomics, and panel data.
• Candidate's duties will include management of day-to-day activities of research projects, conduct literature reviews, perform data analyses and data cleaning, merging different datasets and estimating the models using STATA.
• The candidate will also be responsible for coding, data management, and data analysis.
• Additionally, the candidate will be involved in conducting and writing extensive literature reviews and supporting the PI and CO-PIs.
• Highly motivated applicants with experience in the designated area and having a B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree in Economics or related fields, and preferably with a technical background, are invited to submit their applications for the position.
• An individual having a BSc Degree in Economics with a keen interest in data analysis.
• High moral values and ethics, professionalism, and positive attitude.
• Willingness to grow exponentially by learning new technical and economic topics and analytics software tools.
• Genuine interest in empirical economics and data analysis.
• BSc. or MSc. Degree.
• A good knowledge of econometrics and the use of STATA for data analysis.
• Knowledge and application of topics in Economics and Tourism, either by education or through work experience.
• Advanced knowledge/experience with MS Office software.
• Advanced and demonstrated academic writing skills (work portfolio of project reports may be requested).
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.