Job description / Role
The College of Business and Economics (CBE) at the United Arab Emirates University is seeking a research assistant in the area of data and business analytics.
- Candidate's duties will include management of day-to-day activities of a research project, conduct literature review, perform data analysis and modeling with state-of-the-art visual modeling software (ex: KNIME, RapidMiner, SPSS), and publish research findings in refereed journals.
- Highly motivated applicants with experience in the designated area and having a B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree, and preferably with a technical background, are invited to submit their applications to the position
- High moral values and ethics, professionalism, and positive attitude.
- Willingness to grow exponentially by learning new technical and business topics and analytics software tools.
- Genuine interest in statistics and data analytics.
- BSc. or MSc. Degree.
- At least basic exposure to and experience with statistics and information technology.
- Knowledge and application of business topics, either by education or through work experience.
- Advanced knowledge/experience with MS Office software.
- Advanced and demonstrated academic writing skills
- Experience with analytics software or programming.
- Experience with project management.
- Entry level
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.