Job description / Role
Research Assistant - Grant (Predictive Analytics on Electronic Health Records)
- Design and develop Predictive Analytics Systems for Electronics Health Record (EHR).
- Develop and deploy data cleaning, data management, variable creation, and variable naming protocols of systems.
- In collaboration with members of the research team, create and maintain the databases.
- Evaluate workflows, documents and procedures for implementation and customized training.
- Responsible for data quality, analyzing, compiling, and validating EHR.
- Collaborate with researchers to develop methods for analyzing EHR data.
- A Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, Health Informatics, Data Science, Engineering, or related field; OR a Bachelor's degree in one of the aforementioned fields
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in EHR, healthcare software development, or related area.
- Familiarity with a high-level programming language such as Python and R. However, Python is preferred.
- Must have effective working knowledge of open-source databases (PostgreSQL or MYSQL).
- Have programming and usage experiences with open-source software of EHR such as OpenMRS, OpenEMR, OneTouce EMR or NOSH.
- Familiarity with Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau, BIRT or Power BI.
- Strong data analytical and data manipulation skills.
- Prefer candidate with effective working knowledge of Linux operating system and basic server administration tasks.
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Must have knowledge and skills necessary to explain complex concepts to team members and leadership.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Experience with large healthcare databases management, data cleaning and analysis preferred.
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.