Job description / Role
Two research assistant positions are available with Professor Ayesha Salem Al Dhaheri (Department of Nutrition and Health) within the College of Medicine and Health Sciences, UAE University.
• The research consists of community data collection among pregnant Emirati women in Al Ain, intending to address critical mother and child nutrition issues and their effect on growth and development.
• The study aims to recruit 150 eligible participants from a hospital in Al Ain within their first trimester of pregnancy via face-to-face interviews and will receive one visit each trimester.
• The research assistants will be responsible for participant recruitment, data collection using questionnaires, anthropometric measurements, and blood pressure, and they will also be required to build a liaise with hospital staff for data collection appointments and ensure that all data is collected and recorded for each participant at the specified time.
• B.Sc. or M.Sc.
• Have a nutrition-related degree
• Be fluent in Arabic and English (both verbal and written)
• Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Have experience in collecting data from past senior/higher education projects
• Be willing to commit to visiting and collecting data from the allocated hospital
• Commit to strong ethics in research and academic integrity
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.