Job description / Role
Our client, a semi government organization, is currently looking for a Manager- Research, Programming and Business Development to be based in Abu Dhabi. In this role you will be leading the Programming and Business Development Department in order to achieve the organization’s plans, goals and performance as well as facilitating a unified reporting system to the Founder in all matters related to the Department.
Other job responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Research and monitor activities of key regional and international festivals, theatres and cultural organizations.
• Research and identify regional and international artistic opportunities in cooperation with the Founder and external consultant.
• To facilitate the development of organization’s strategic plan with Founder and external consultant.
• Manage relationships with the required external experts, advisors, consultants, etc, needed to support strategic goals and activities.
• Represent the Founder in meetings with external entities, upon the request of the Founder.
• Ensure compliance with legal, quality and various business requirements on a continuous basis.
• Explore and develop international commissions and productions opportunities.
• Oversee and execute all the organization’s Festival contracted artistic agreements.
• To receive and gather information on solicited and unsolicited artistic proposals from artists, agents and cultural organizations to share and review with Founder.
• Review all Festival publications, in coordination with the Marketing Department, to ensure artists information is accurate.
• Coordinate all Sponsorship & Partnership Development functions and resources and ensure all functions are executed efficiently, accurately, and in a timely manner
• Prepare reports on the overall performance of the Sponsorship & Partnership Development Unit
• Prioritize events/programs from the annual calendar in terms of which event/program requires the highest amount of sponsorship vis-à-vis its strategic importance to the organization’s objective
• Work in cohesion with the respective Senior Managers to prepare a business case incorporating a feasibility analysis complemented with a corporate presentation for each program/event in order to generate maximum funding
• Work in cohesion with the respective Senior Managers to ensure that sponsorship and marketing efforts are integrated across all events/programs and website.
• Oversee day-to-day management of all sponsor relations, fulfillment of agreements and maintain critical path for sponsor relations during the program/event
• Oversee and implement benefits structure to ensure that all corporate, government, foundation individual and trade sponsors and ad buyers receive appropriate benefits as per agreements including corporate visibility, brand awareness and marketing tie-ins, as well as passes and tickets
• Perform other tasks as they arise and as delegated by the Founder and the Board of Directors.
• Pursue sponsorship opportunities during pre-concert, interval and post-concert receptions at the organization’s festival VIP area and at post-concert dinners.
• Manage the sponsorship desk at the festival.
• Generate a list of all names of sponsor guests that show up on the desk once they submit their voucher.
• Prepare a daily attendance report and send it Management, Production department, marketing department and sponsorship team.
To be considered for the role, you need to meet the following criteria:
• Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Arts, Culture or Event Management, preferably Masters’ Degree or equivalent.
• A minimum of 5 years relevant experience in an Arts or Education/ public/ private organization/ foundation
• Fluency in the Arabic language is preferred but not mandatory
• Willing to work outside normal working hours as well (9:00AM to 6:00PM, Sunday – Thursday)
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.
Education and Community Manager
|Abu Dhabi||25 Jul|
Team Administrator / Personal Assistant
|Abu Dhabi||29 Jul|
|Abu Dhabi||22 Jul|
Manager - Programming and Cultural Affairs
|Abu Dhabi||24 Jul|
Marketing Analyst & Research Executive