Job description / Role
About Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts:
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts is a modern, upscale hospitality company that is passionate about 'making moments', recognising that small gestures make a big difference to our guest, our owners and our people. We do ordinary things in an extraordinary way - a philosophy that has defined our brand's success from the very start.
About Mövenpick Hotel Jumeirah Beach:
Mövenpick Hotel Jumeirah Beach sits in the heart of one of Dubai's newest, dynamic and most lively urban locations, Jumeirah Beach Residence. The hotel is ideally situated close to the city's thriving business hubs, major attractions and entertainment facilities as well as being a short stroll to the beaches of the Arabian Gulf. A modern, chic and contemporary, this understated upscale hotel offers 297 well equipped, and superbly comfortable rooms and suites all with balconies and having a sea view or panoramic views.
About the Role:
Your key duties will include, but not limited to the following:
- To have a good knowledge of all the different types of rooms, hotel facilities, hours of operation, restaurants, shops and ball rooms. To be well informed about special functions and events held in the hotel on a daily basis.
- To be fully aware of the national history of Dubai, places of interest, shopping areas, etc.
- To maintain professional confidentiality and never disclose any secrets pertaining to the Company.
- To ensure that the product standards are followed as trained.
- To input and answer all written correspondence (fax & email) and telephone inquiries within 24 hours of being received.
- To ensure that all reports are completed on a daily basis and filed for reference.
- To be aware of the Hotel occupancy and average room rate today, month to-date and performance against budget requirements.
- To conduct a daily audit of tomorrows arrival file to ensure accuracy.
- To ensure complimentary vouchers are received from internal departments (wherever applicable) and are filed immediately.
- To use guest names whenever appropriate.
- In order to be considered for this role, you will have educated to degree-level or above in a relevant discipline with appropriate professional qualifications and up to date professional knowledge. You will possess 1+ year in a position of in a similar position in a 4* Or 5* property.
- You will have a high degree of 'emotional intelligence', remaining rational and calm under pressure as well as open-minded and excited by cultural and professional diversity.
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English is a must.
About the Benefits:
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes Basic + Accommodation + Transport + Meals + Laundry + Air Tickets + Medical Insurance.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.