Job description / Role
- To attend and handle all incoming and outgoing room reservation requests, as per the hotel standards and procedures.
- To attract guests and to enhance their loyalty, providing a distinctive service through communication and sales skills, in order to improve the hotel's image and to increase revenue.
- To recognize potential clients and to transmit information to the Sales Department.
- To recognize VIP guests and to apply the concerned policies.
- To maintain a good commercial relationship with all the bookers: guests/companies/agencies.
- To promote the Accor loyalty programs and the hotel promotions.
- To respect the privacy of the guests and the confidentiality of the information.
- To manage any guest complaint in a professional manner, by owning it, resolving it to the guest satisfaction and recording it.
- To report all guest comments or complaints.
- To call the supervisor or manager for advice in serious cases or if an approval is required.
- To properly use the telephone etiquettes as per Sofitel standards.
- To have a perfect knowledge of room types and rate structure.
- To ensure the accuracy of all booking information entered in the PMS.
- To maintain an accurate Guest History.
- To have a perfect knowledge of the hotel configuration and products.
- To achieve Quality Tools and Yield Management performance.
- To know the competitors and to gather information about their activities and sales.
- To provide updated reports and statistics to the Management and other departments.
- To follow up availability and rate charts on TARS and other booking systems / channels.
- To maintain database for ATACS follow up.
- To follow daily check-lists.
- To fulfill administrative tasks and filing.
- To properly use and maintain the reservation communication system (telephone, fax, e-mail).
- To be aware of and to follow emergency and security procedures.
- To respect key handling procedures.
- To respect Lost & Found procedures.
- To read and update logbooks.
- To maintain appropriate stock level for the smooth run of the reservations operations and to initiate requisitions accordingly.
- To maintain a clean and tidy working area at all times.
- To be updated with the latest administrative, organizational, operational or other changes and news.
- To share daily activity highlights with the supervisor and manager including internal and external guest opportunities.
- To maintain an atmosphere of high morale and a happy working relationship among the team.
- To respect schedules, terms and deadlines as agreed with the Management.
- To attend a daily line up briefing with the reservations team.
- To support reception training in reservation techniques and procedures.
- To carry out special projects according to the assignments.
Level of Education
- Vocational education
Areas of study
- 1 to 2 years
Essential and optional requirements
- Power Point
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.