Job description / Role
Position : Reservations Supervisor
Department : Reservations
Reports to : Reservations Assistant Manager
PURPOSE OF POSITION
To monitor, supervise and train the reservation agents in maintaining and delivering high levels of standards according to company policy and procedure. To assist the Assistant Reservations Manager in the operational requirements of the department. In the absence of the Assistant Reservation Manager, he/she will take on the responsibility of the Reservations Department to ensure a smooth operation.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To ensure the cluster reservations sales agents are filling the responsibilities as outlined in their job descriptions.
- Supervise and assist the day-to-day operation of the reservations department ensuring that the workload is fairly distributed and completed in a timely and professional manner.
- Understand the key principles of Accor Pricing Strategies and Revenue Management such as Retail, Corporate, Leisure, Group, Other, Rate Restrictions, hurdles and availabilities.
- Maximize rooms revenue through the conversion of telephone calls into sales.
- Utilize effective up-selling techniques.
- Take reservations through emails and calls to support the revenue management strategies employed by the Revenue Management leader in the hotel.
- Be fluent on all hotel products and services.
- Handle all emails pertaining to room reservations (i.e. corporate booking requests/inquiries, Travel Agent booking requests, direct booking requests/inquiries).
- Be fully conversant with all market segments and rate plans used across all distribution channels.
- Be flexible in sales technique through offering the right product to the right customer at the right time.
- Co-host dinners/special events with the Sales Team and be involved in client entertainment as required.
- Do the roster for Reservations Team and submit to the Assistant Reservations Manager for approval.
- Do the quality check on the reservations arrivals as per the task list assigned.
- Audit the Reservations Team to ensure the quality of the calls and emails.
- Assist Reservations Assistant Manager in ensuring a positive and friendly environment in the office.
- Monitor the hotel inventory and report any issues to Assistant Reservations Manager .
- Ensuring the same level of service are being provided to guests of Raffles Dubai
- Ensuring a proper communication is in place and the team are updated with the latest changes/offers.
- Train, coach and support the Reservations Agents to build a strong and highly skilled team.
- Identify Sales opportunities through individuals, Corporate Accounts, Wholesalers and Travel Management companies.
- Responsible for effective implementation and compliance with Accor Reservations Standards.
- Achieve targeted goals in the LQA Hotel Mystery Shopping calls.
- Maintain accuracy and cleanliness of the PMS Database (i.e Individual Profiles, Rate codes, etc.).
- Ensure market segmentation is accurate for each reservation.
- Merge profiles as necessary.
- To effectively handle the top business partners with the hotel and portray vital importance and value to their business contribution with their reservations.
- Ensure reservations meet the property standards in terms of accuracy of data and guest satisfaction.
- Complete understanding and effective execution of current and new RM tools. Includes Opera PMS/S&C.
- Be involved in all property PMS Conversions.
- Complete understanding and effective use of the Hotel's telephone system.
- Maintain and monitor the Reservations Common Inbox of both hotels.
- Share best practices with Reservations and or Revenue Management leader.
- To assist Assistant Reservations Manager with the duties required for the smooth running of the department (i.e. no show bookings, non-guaranteed bookings, groups, etc.).
- Ensure that the department is well aware of changes, new procedures, hotel facilities etc.
- To certify that all Reservation Sales Agents are adhering to hotel standards and that these standards are implemented at all times.
- Support the Assistant Reservations Manager and/or Revenue and Reservations Manager with special projects as required
- Creativity, listening and oral Skills
- Invitation and accountability / Responsible and flexible
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to organize work flow / Attention to detail.
- Supervising, training and instructing skills
- Degree/Diploma in Training and Development or Hotel Management
- Working knowledge of Opera
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Minimum 3 years experience in Hotel or Resort, as Reservations Agents.
- Luxury hotel or resort background preferred
- Understands the local culture and have worked in the region.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.