Job description / Role
Project Scope of Works
In addition to civil engineering work items, i.e., earthworks and retaining walls, drainage, etc., the scope of works is comprised of airport/airfield works and improvement of arrival area and VIP Lounge, which includes but not limited to:
• Airfield special system.
• Taxiway and helipad pavement.
• Passenger Boarding Bridge (PBB) system with foundations and Preconditioned Air Unit (PCA).
• Aeronautical Ground Lighting (AGL).
• Visual Docking Guidance System (VDGS).
• Direct the site supervision related to airport/airfield works, structure, earthwork and drainage, etc.
• Direct, assist and monitor the performance of the construction team including the site engineers, the work inspectors and the surveyors.
• Maintain the Resident Engineer’s daily diary and reports by his subordinates.
• Responsible for reviewing all shop drawings, design proposals, method statements, any requests for information relating to the project.
• Coordinate with Parsons' Design Engineers for resolution of related issues.
• Issue additional drawings etc. as required in coordination with the design office.
• Convene and chair regular site meetings.
• Coordinate with the Contractor on scheduling and application of resources.
• Coordinate with Client/PMC, the Contractor and related concerned authorities.
• Participate in contract administration and advise on contractual matters, as needed.
• Liaise with all parties for site safety and quality of works.
• Ensure prompt exchange of correspondence and approvals.
• Ensure accuracy and completeness of records.
• Ensure safety goals are achieved on the project and oversee implementation of safety procedures on the project. Act positively and participate in all health and safety issues at site.
• Comply with safety, health and risk management requirements.
• Review and justify the material submissions analyze laboratory and technical reports, carry out acceptance sampling plans, testing and quality measures, ensuring the compliance with the project’s specifications.
• Check and measure the performed work and record and display progress vs. programmed work.
• Prepare progress reports as applicable.
• Ensure promptness in NOC processing.
• Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil engineering and minimum fifteen (15) years post graduate experience in design, site supervision, and construction management of major building & infrastructure projects. Experience in airport/airfield is preferred.
• Chartered Engineer or Professional Engineer (PE) registration or other similar professional organizations preferred.
• Must have a sound knowledge about contractual relationships.
• Must be fully computer literate and able to utilize computer technology to access data, maintain records, generate reports, etc. and any project specific engineering and construction relevant software.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, in English and Arabic.
• Must be available in UAE.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Civil Construction Manager - Pumping Station
|Abu Dhabi||12 Mar|
Site Engineer (Civil) - 6 Month Contract
Ignite Search & Selection
Senior Civil Engineer / Inspector
Dar Al Handasah Nazih Taleb & Partners (DAHNT)
|Abu Dhabi||3 May|