Job description / Role
Parsons’ engineering and construction management staff members create innovative, safe, and sustainable infrastructure in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, and Kuwait. We deliver rail, transit, road, and highway transportation; water conveyance and wastewater treatment; oil and gas; land development; public; and aviation infrastructure to our customers and communities. Parsons creates interconnected communities and world-class infrastructure.
• Direct the site supervision related to road and infrastructure.
• Coordinate his direct activities with the other discipline REs to maintain consistency and integrity in the overall construction.
• Responsible for reviewing all shop drawings, design proposals, method statements, any requests for information relating to the roads and associated works.
• Coordinate with Parsons' Design Engineers for resolution of related issues.
• Maintain the Resident Engineer’s daily diary and daily diaries and reports by his subordinates.
• Coordinate with the Contractor on scheduling and application of resources.
• Direct, assist and monitor the performance of the construction team working on the supervision of the construction of the road work and associated works including the site engineers, the work inspectors and the surveyors.
• Coordinate with Client/PMC, the Contractor and related concerned authorities.
• Advise on contractual and construction matters regarding road work and associated works, utilities diversions and installations, traffic diversions, road’s furniture and other related works.
• Generally supervise, review, monitor and report on progress of the road and associated works.
• Liaise with all parties for site safety and quality of works.
• Convene and chair regular site meetings about issues related to road work and related activities;
• Issue additional drawings etc. as required in coordination with the design office.
• Ensure prompt exchange of correspondence and approvals.
• Ensure accuracy and completeness of records.
• Ensure safety goals are achieved on the project and oversee implementation of safety procedures on the project.
• Act positively and participate in all health and safety issues at site, as required by the Senior Resident Engineer, and the Project Safety Representative.
• Comply with safety, health and risk management requirements.
• Provide all necessary on-site direction and issue indications with respect to road works, utilities and other related activities.
• Report back as necessary to the Senior Resident Engineer.
• Check and measure the performed work and record and display progress vs. programmed work.
• Ensure in NOC processing
• Prepare progress reports as applicable.
• Ensure correctness and completeness of ‘as-built’ drawings in the area of his discipline.
• Participate in contract administration.
• Bachelor’s Degree in civil engineering and minimum fifteen (15) years post graduate experience in design, site supervision, and construction management of major roads & infrastructure projects of complex nature.
• Demonstrable experience in all aspects of civil supervision on major road and general infrastructure projects preferably in the Gulf region.
• Chartered Engineer or Professional Engineer (PE) registration or other similar professional organizations preferred.
• Emphasis on Quality Assurance Specifications and Statistical Quality Control.
• Should be able to review and justify the material submissions analyze laboratory and technical reports, carry out acceptance sampling plans, testing and quality measures, ensuring the compliance with the project’s Specifications.
• Must have a sound knowledge about contractual relationships.
• Must be fully computer literate and able to utilize computer technology to access data, maintain records, generate reports, etc. and any project specific engineering and construction relevant software.
• Must be fluent in English and Arabic both written and spoken with an excellent capability in written technical skills as well as oral and written communication skills.
• Must be available in UAE.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Site Engineer (Civil) - 6 Month Contract
Civil Inspector - Roads/Bridges
|Abu Dhabi||28 May|
|Abu Dhabi||12 Mar|
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)