Job description / Role
Real Estate Strategy & Operations (RESO) is a core business function within IBMs Global Finance & Operations group (F&O) division that provides enterprise services. RESO's capabilities extend across a 78M square foot print in more that 100 countries across five geographic regions.
The cross-functional team comprises of highly skilled professionals in workplace experience design, architecture, engineering, project management, IT, environmental, energy, operations and facilities management, real estate finance management and business operations. As business enablers and advisors, we collaborate to drive client solutions and enhance the IBM workplace experience and reinforce the culture.
We are looking for a Workplace Experience ( wpX ) Manager for our Middle East portfolio, to be based in Dubai whose focus will be on modernizing the IBM workplace experience oriented towards services, specifically on the day to day activities while ensuring effective use of owned and leased facilities assets within the portfolio. He/She will be part of the RESO MEA team, managing the Middle East portfolio which includes sites in United Arabs Emirates, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain and Iraq.
The Workplace Experience Manager for real estate is responsible for the development, implementation, performance management and continuous improvement of the organization's workplace experience services and programs for IBM employees, clients and guests. The Workplace Experience Manager will curate a meaningful experience, by way of workplace services, to support our organizational goals around attracting and retaining the best talent, optimizing our real estate portfolio, demonstrating our brand and values, and enabling our employees, clients and guests to work at their peak. This position will drive continuity in the employee experience across the region, curating a meaningful and differentiated experience for coming into the office. Services may include, but not limited to facilities management with f ocus on hospitality, food & beverage and amenities, transportation, audio/visual, office services and service centers, concierge services.
The Workplace Experience Manager will work closely with organizational leadership, internal business units and staff to deliver and maintain industry leading real estate and workplace experience programs that effectively support IBM employees, clients and guests. This position demands being comfortable working within a matrix organization that requires a high level of flexibility, team collaboration, and effective management practices with the ability to deliver high profile programs.
This person will be focused in executing and ensuring our day-to-day business runs the way it should through various providers for facilities management and projects service. The Workplace Experience Manager will focus on user centric hospitality, creating opportunities for people to connect in new and exciting ways that speaks to IBM's culture and community and will be accountable for performance and financial control. The Workplace Experience Manager is expected to provide superior employee and client service while enhancing their individual, personal and professional skills.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
- Act as interface with the required businesses and location management teams as well as other corporate units for all RESO related matters.
- Leverage Enterprise Design Thinking principles, values and practices to drive engagement of multidisciplinary stakeholders to identify pain-points of target users, their needs, wants and desires, to collectively define desired outcomes;
- Stay connected with Workplace Experience & Culture teams & cross-functional IBM teams to understand sensitivities, priorities and to integrate enterprise-wide themes into the portfolio aligning to corporate strategy and best practices.
- Provide operational support to the portfolio including proactive review and manage reductions in space and parking requirements, acquisition and/or divestiture. Ensure optimization of IBM results is the driver behind all real estate decisions.
- Define and Manage operations and maintenance of existing real estate properties and assets to ensure safe, efficient and reliable working environment based on a complete understanding of business strategy, priorities, accounting and financial targets;
- Support all activities and execute action plans in a timely manner relating to: the workplace experience, health and safety, security, action logs, environment and energy programs
- Deliver projects in support of asset value retention to ensure a balance between the asset replacement plan and overall in line with financial budget constraints.
- Review and validate all expenditures for RESO and retain evidence of disbursement control; Ensuring accurate and timely payments of rent, service charges, utilities, real estate taxes, etc;
- Ensure company's compliance with contractual obligations and company policies and maintain a satisfactory business controls posture for all RESO activities and processes to ensure audit readiness at all times
- Effectively manage supplier contracts performance.
- Provide regular feedback, status reports to regional RESO management.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- A good knowledge about how buildings are designed, built and operated (e.g. 5+ years of applied experienced in corporate real estate design, construction and operations);
- A good understanding of international corporate real estate standards and the uniqueness of the Middle East market environment
- Experience in Agile and Enterprise Design Thinking methodologies with proven track record (e.g. minimum holds Enterprise Design Thinking Practitioner Badge and Agile Explorer Badge, ideally one level above)
- Knowledge of IBM Cloud platform, Data Science, Cloud-based applications applied for real estate digitalization;
- Demonstrate courage to drive transformation and act as a role model in Workplace Experience.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English and Arabic (any other language is an advantage)
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Preferred Education: None Commissionable: No
Key Job Details
- Country: AE
- State: DUBAI
- City: DUBAI
- Category: Enterprise Operations
- Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Position Type: Professional
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Contract Type: Regular
- Location: DUBAI, DUBAI AE
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.
A Leading Real Estate Company in Dubai
Operations Manager for a Leading Fnb Company
A Leading Recruitment Agency in UAE
Senior Customer Success Manager - Arabic & English Speaking
Head - Property Management - Airfield & Logistics - Upcoming