Job description / Role
Our client is a retail mall developer who is looking for Design Architects to help assist the Design Leads in concepts stages for the developments of excellent malls across the region.The candidate will predominantly focus on supporting the in-house design team and could extend to reviewing design documents and packages of consultants in accordance with the project brief, budgets and timelines.
- Produce professional 3D imagery using 3DMax, Sketchup or other forms of 2D/3D renderings software to assist in the production of design packages at a high quality for internal and external presentations. (Master planning and Architecture focused)
- Produce professional grade 3D Animations, flythrough, VR, etc using 3DMax, Sketchup or other forms of 2D/3D renderings software to assist in the production of design packages at a high quality for internal and external presentations (Master planning and Architecture focused)
- Produce 2D contents for graphical presentations for client stakeholders.
- Produce conceptual, competent and functional architectural layouts, with a strong understanding of design principals for retail, shopping malls and mixed-use projects.
- Produce high quality conceptual and architectural plans through different mediums from hand sketches to CAD drawings and supplement with necessary imagery and documentation that are essential for high quality presentation packages.
- Produce graphical contents for markups on design packages with external consultants.
- Produce visions and ideas that are unique, creative and first to market and take responsibility in developing them into a viable, feasible and functional drawings.
- A Creative and conceptual portfolio is a must, sketching ability is a plus.
- Understand the customer journey and create unique customer experiences, by designing stimulating, new to market concepts, for various typologies of retail, shopping malls, mixed-use, open spaces and public amenities in accordance with the project brief and company standards.
- Have a creative, artistic flare and fully capable of handling CAD drawings and 2D imagery applications such as Photoshop, In Design, AutoCAD and Revit.
- Engage in meetings and the review process of external consultants’ documentation throughout the Concept, Schematic and Detailed Development phases to insure the continuation of design intent.
- Work with the in-house production/support team in the effective delivery of design tasks.
- Solve problems by thinking laterally and understand the needs and requirements of stakeholders to provide planning and design solutions in a changing environment.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, be a team player and have a customer focus; previous consultancy and developer experience is a plus.
- Understand and incorporate stakeholder requirements (e.g. Leasing, Development, Operations) in the project design while adhering to the Design Brief and maintaining design standards.
- Be a pioneer of technology within the studio ensuring that softwares and systems are up to date and can support the team’s digital and graphical requirement.
- Maintain a high level of presentation quality, ensuring that all projects meet internationally acceptable standard Des of CAD, Photoshop and Sketch-up modelling (or equivalent).
- Ensure compliance with the company's Code of Conduct, Departmental policies and Human Capital Policies and Procedures at all times.
- Lead by example – thrive to create an honest and open work environment where individuals collaborate /support each other as a team and are passionate to achieve a common business objective.
AED 12,000 to 18,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
- 3 - 5 years of work experience in retail planning design, commercial building design, residential, mixed-use and master-planning design with reputed companies in GCC or abroad.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or equivalent.
- Very strong Visualization portfolio
- Regional retail experience is a must; must have worked in the UAE markets for at least 2 years.
- Very strong knowledge of SketchUp, modelling complex geometry
- Strong and fast rendering skills
- Demonstrated experience in modelling is a must
- Ability to think creatively with good understanding of aesthetics and proportions in facades treatment / with minimum supervision
- Ideally experience working both consultancy and client side.
- Must have worked on large scale Retail projects.
- Experience in stakeholder management, planning & resourcing.
- Strong communicator.
- Ability to communicate through design.
- Proven track record of involvement throughout the whole design process
- 3D Studio or similar
- Lumion or similar
- Rendering Software; Vray or similar
- Revit / BIM
- Adobe Creative Suite (Acrobat, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- MS Office softwares
- Ability to do walkthrough animation for large-scale projects
- Ability to hand draw/sketch concepts & spatial designs
- Knowledge of real-time rendering software is advantageous
If you are in Dubai or willing to relocate, with the right skill set, please APPLY NOW.
redfish solutions promotes a culture where diversity is welcomed and celebrated. We embrace differences, whether they be social backgrounds, ethnicity, disability, gender, age, religion, sexuality and any other protected characteristic.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
About the Company
redfish was created in 2005 with the single aim of delivering a truly professional and consultative recruitment service to the built environment.
Tired of being constrained by companies which over promised and under delivered, we decided to create a firm which would deliver the highest service level to both candidates and clients alike, irrespective of the candidate’s level or the size of the client.
Working with the country’s leading main contractors, consultancies and developers, we have an enviable reputation for placing middle and senior management candidates.