Job description / Role
Who we are
We are a leading luxury retailer in the Middle East, with more than 600 stores, 300 brands, and over 65 years of experience in the region, we are the premiere destination for luxury goods. To fuel the next stage of our organisation's growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey.
Ready to join our exciting transformation to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of our customers everywhere? Now's your chance. By being part of our journey here at Chalhoub Group, you can make a real impact on customers and some of the finest brands in the world. In return, you'll have everything you need to innovate your career.
What you'll be doing
Our Retail Architect Specialist is responsible for the Group's own equity retail and corporate concept design, creating category challenging retail concepts for a wide range of brands.
- Follow all relevant Visual Merchandising policies, processes and standard operating procedures so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner
- Follow the day-to-day activities related to own job with minimal supervision to ensure continuity of work
- Follow-up on escalated cases /issues/questions of team members to ensure they are closed efficiently and in a timely manner
- Develop Retail concepts for the Group's Beauty, Fashion and Gift stores
- Conduct research for the creative team, to be up to date on the latest design tendencies
- Work on multiple projects and collaborate with team members in line with project expectations
- Meet with requesters to determine requirements of projects; determine feasibility of project and prepare cost estimates to meet project budget
- Review and assess project needs, strategize the store plan to meet the merchandising commercial needs in terms of: SKU & Density Calculations, Path to Sale, Sightlines, Navigation paths and Consumer experience
- Perform original design work utilizing specifications, sketches and ideas on developing designs
- Conduct preliminary studies of proposed projects to obtain information on space and design requirements, obtaining measurements and making sketches preliminary to the preparation of drawings
- Prepare design development drawings
- Develop and put together mood boards, material boards, concept presentations and design briefs
- Prepare layouts and draw preliminary sketch/ Review the project before presenting to client
- Design the details and prepare construction document
- Define solution direction for proposed business initiatives
- Review shop drawings, specifications, cost estimates and construction material recommendations
- Review work of contractors, ensure that specified material, dimensions and quality adhere to design concept
- Provide technical design teamwork within an architecture discipline on assigned initiatives/projects. Work closely with Design and Project teams
- Ensure proper time management, project planning, coordination and follow up.
- Participate in efforts to create enterprise standards and design best practices and drive adoption in the creative team.
- Provide support across the Creative team and management staff
- Participate in relevant projects and community activities as and when needed
What we can offer you
- We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution, remote and flexible working as well as exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.