Job description / Role
Experience the vibrant celebration of Mumbai's famous film industry in all its colours and flavours at BOLLYWOOD PARKS™ Dubai.
Our team is at the heart of who we are, and we are looking for passionate, fun and dedicated people who can connect with our guests and take them on a journey into Bollywood. Whether you are working in the park or behind the scenes, you will be part of an engaging and dynamic environment that values teamwork and creativity.
With immersive rides featuring the biggest names in Bollywood, live entertainment and stage performances transporting you into a realm of movie magic, we invite you to join us on an adventure of a lifetime. The most celebrated cinema industry just got a whole lot more fun.
Play Your Part
The main purpose this position exists is to provide good service, promote merchandise and services and to attend to guest needs at the retail stores or carts. Ensure consistent housekeeping standards, merchandise display, stock replenishment, perform cashiering duties and maintain accurate stock control. To be able to work independently at the retail store or at the cart, and be able to work in an outdoor environment and be able to work on rotating shifts including weekends and public holidays.
• Provide good service standards at all times
• Greet and initiate conversation with guest and understand guest needs
• Possess good product knowledge and selling skills
• Assist guests on their enquiries and helping them by going the extra mile
• Ensure that the store housekeeping, stock replenishment and merchandise display are carried out as a daily routine
• Understand store assortment mix
• Monitor store inventory movement & inform Store Management if there are irregularity in stock movement
• Assist other team members in a positive and professional manner
• Willingness to cross train as requested
• Ensure that Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) are adhered in accordance with company policies
• Perform all POS functions in an accurate and timely manner
• Ensures that Environmental, Health and Safety requirements are adhered
• Any other duties as may reasonably be requested by the management team
• Understanding and awareness of DXBE HSE policy and reporting any incidents, risks, hazards to team lead / supervisor
• Ensuring adherence to work-place safety
Are you a Star?
In order to be qualified for this role you should possess the below criteria:
• 12+ years of education / Diploma in Retail
• Preferably 1 year retail experience or fresh graduate
• Preferably has theme park retail operations experience
• 1 year+ retail sales experience
• Effective oral and written communications skills in English
• Ability to calculate simple mathematics and collect different modes of payment accurately
• Possess good interpersonal skills for interacting with people
• A team player and have the ability of meeting assigned targets
• Ability to communicate in Arabic
• Has good selling skills
• Ability to work in a fast pace and dynamic theme park environment
• Ability to work in an outdoor environment and to stand for long hours
• Work on a rotating shifts including weekends and public holidays
• Available for overtime work as schedule requires
• Flexible working hours
• Physically fit
The Best Part of the Story
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; housing allowance, comprehensive medical coverage, life and accident insurance and other generous allowances.
We also care about your career development supported by Learning opportunities for those seeking a long-term future in the Company.
About the Company
Dubai Parks and Resorts offers new heights in experiential entertainment through an inspired concept that brings the best of the east and the west in the entertainment industry. Conceived and developed by Meraas Holding, Dubai Parks and Resorts articulates the Dubai leadership’s vision of positioning the emirate as a compelling global tourist destination.
The first phase of Dubai Parks and Resorts will comprise three theme parks: motiongate™ Dubai, Bollywood Parks™ Dubai, and LEGOLAND® Dubai. The development will also feature Riverland - a grand entrance plaza and Lapita, a family themed hotel. The first phase is scheduled for completion in 2016. Ground work commenced on site in February 2014