Job description / Role
Revenue Management & Sales Activation Regional Director - Africa Middle East
The Revenue Management & Sales Activation Director, Africa & Middle East Pre Opening & Franchise Support is responsible for opening and effectively converting new managed and franchised hotels within the AME region, focusing on Sales and Revenue Management related activations, standards, consistency and planning processes. The role requires a highly dynamic and experienced lead who will provide pre-opening and conversion support to ensure effective sales & revenue strategies are in place prior to hotel opening.
This position is the primary contact for pre-opening hotels' resource and information needs within the Sales and Revenue disciplines. He or she influences the development of strategy during the pre-opening phase by providing informed input about the Hyatt ecosystem but also the needs of the Local, Regional and International markets to effectively ramp up the Hotel with business on the books from day 1 of opening to establish the unit for commercial success.
This position requires thorough knowledge of the Hyatt eco system integration and a high experience of each sales & revenue systems critical usage to drive business. They will lead pre-opening and conversion support to ensure effective training and systems implementation, and that hotels have successfully completed the necessary steps with available tools such as HyCycle and other planning documents.
Strong relationship management, strategic planning, negotiation, communication, analytical skills, as well as the ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects are a pre-requisite. Success is predicated on the ability to collaborated with both internal and external stakeholders across the commercial team and other business units or pre-opening resources.
- 5 years of work experience; 5 years of working in the revenue management or sales discipline
- Previous revenue management experience in hotels, lodging or travel industry preferred
- Experience with Hyatt systems across the revenue management and sales
- Very strong relationship-building skills at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to influence, guide and lead executive-level colleagues.
- Superior presentation and written communication skill
- Ability to use research tools and advanced training methods to develop implementation plans and programs that generate desired business results in new opening Hotels
- Strong understanding of all key functional areas of business from Sales, Revenue Management & Pre Opening tactics
- Strong management, training and organizational skills, with an ability to heavily multi-task and teach, coordinate and manage multiple projects at the same time
- Ability to travel frequently, as and when required
- Strong project management skills and ability to work as part of a wider team
- Excellent communication skills
- Superior Microsoft Office (Power Point, Excel, Word) skills required
- Strong English language skills are required, Knowledge of any other languages is a plus
- Commercial awareness and ability to influence others
About the Company
Hyatt was founded by Jay Pritzker in 1957 when he purchased the Hyatt House motel adjacent to the Los Angeles International Airport. Over the following decade, Jay Pritzker and his brother, Donald Pritzker, working together with other Pritzker family business interests, grew the company into a North American management and hotel ownership company, which became a public company in 1962. In 1968, Hyatt International was formed and subsequently became a separate public company. Hyatt Corporation and Hyatt International Corporation were taken private by the Pritzker family business interests in 1979 and 1982, respectively. On December 31, 2004, substantially all of the hospitality assets owned by Pritzker family business interests, including Hyatt Corporation and Hyatt International Corporation, were consolidated under a single entity, now Hyatt Hotels Corporation.