Job description / Role
Global Village currently has an exciting career opportunity. We are currently looking to hire a Rides Technical Manager to join Carnaval.
Global Village is part of Arab Media Group (AMG). It is the region’s leading family and cultural entertainment destination, which is committed to providing the best in entertainment and excellence in guest experience.
The Rides Technical Manager role is to keep all the Carnaval rides and equipment in a state of technical and functional fitness to ensure utmost safety of guests and uninterrupted availability during peak attendance periods.
This will need practice planning and management of the Ride Maintenance programs for Global Village Carnaval Area.
The major responsibilities include the repair, maintenance and inspection of all amusement rides and devices at Global Village Carnaval keeping Safety as top priority. Ensure compliance with all applicable Federal and local requirements. Maximizes the ride uptimes during operational period. Develop, implement, and administer maintenance budgets and spending to achieve assigned and planned tasks and maximize value.
Key responsibilities include:
• Manage and coordinate all mechanical and electrical maintenance as it relates to rides, machinery, equipment, welding and vehicles.
• Plan and manage the process of identifying, finding, ordering and storing spare parts and supplies, tools and equipment’s inventory.
• Allocate and supervise the maintenance team to perform frequent daily site inspections of ongoing work, and review of upcoming work. Check the attractions frequently for any needed repairs and maintenance. Ensure all such checklists and reports are captured via ride maintenance software, if available.
• Ensure proper use of machines, tools and equipment, and ensure that the employees are properly instructed and trained
• Inspect/check and approve opening, suspension and re-opening of rides and attractions.
• Work closely with Ride Operations and the Carnaval HSE to ensure that the proper attention is provided for the technical services in an efficient manner.
• Review daily schedule, priorities, and estimates for ongoing and future projects with Carnaval Director and other concerned departments on a regular basis on technical aspects of Carnaval rides and equipment for appropriate decision making.
• Coordinate with Third Party Inspection bodies to carry out all required initial approval are received after independent thorough inspections for the rides and devices.
• Manage, update and retain all ride documents, drawings, operation and maintenance manuals, schematics, maintenance checklist, maintenance records, incident reports and training records.
• Coordinate with rides manufacturer regarding spare parts, technical discussions, warranty support and any other matters, as required.
• Manage maintenance and repair of electrical facilities and general lighting of rides and equipment.
• Manage maintenance and repair of Global Village owned vehicles (i.e. trains, club cars and Electrical buses).
• Oversee technical evaluation and maintenance during operations (i.e. during season), pre-opening set-up of all rides, and dismantling/close-out of all rides after the season and off-season.
• Contribute in the Carnaval developments, improvements, including the ride design.
• Must possess a Degree or a Diploma or its equivalent. Preferably with Mechanical or Electrical Engineering qualification.
• Must possess a working knowledge of international standards (i.e. EN 13814, ASTM standards related to Amusement rides and devices), Federal, local and other regulatory agencies rules and regulations.
• Must be able to read Blueprints, drawings, Electrical Schematics, Hydraulic Schematics, Pneumatic Schematics and have an understanding of PLC’s, Electronic configurations and troubleshooting.
• Minimum five years prior Managerial experience in a related field.
• Prefer prior experience as a Ride Mechanic in a theme park/funfair or the equivalent.
• Must possess knowledge to use Ride Maintenance Software
• Fluent written and spoken English and Arabic (desirable)
• Must possess good organization skills and be able to handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
• Must possess the ability to meet deadlines.
• Must possess the mental and physical capabilities necessary to perform the job duties.
• Must be able to access all areas of the park.
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 22 Kgs. Must be capable of bending, squatting and kneeling.
• The ability to work at heights
• Must possess a thorough working knowledge of the operation of hand and power tools, heavy equipment, etc.
• Must be able to train others on the safe usage of equipment.
• Must be able to work outdoors in all-weather condition
• Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
About the Company
Arab Media Group (AMG), a member of Dubai Holding, is one of the region’s leading providers of media and family-oriented entertainment, delivering engaging content and creating exceptional experiences. Established in 2005, AMG has been serving a diverse regional audience through its multiple media and entertainment platforms that span across radio broadcasting, event management, and family entertainment. It currently comprises of Arabian Radio Network (ARN), Done Events and Global Village.
Engineer - Operations & Maintenance
Offshore Mechanical Supervisor 28/28 Rotation
BAC Middle East
Mechanical Maintenance Engineer for a Chemical Manufacturing Company
A Leading Recruitment Agency in UAE
|Ras Al Khaimah||8 Jan|
Senior Engineer (Mechanical) - Capital Asset Stewardship (Upcoming)
Mechanical Maintenance Manager/Facility Manager