Job description / Role
The successful candidate will own the following responsibilities:
- Responsible to complete assignments including Business Risk Assessments, Internal Audits, Conceptualization & Documentation of Standard Operating Procedures.
- Responsible to prepare and complete project engagement formalities, conflict of interest documents, client acceptance letters etc. at the time of project assignment.
- Complete Fieldwork by coordinating dates and schedules with clients; preparing checklists; gathering information; understanding clients business needs and operating procedures; preparing assessments and risk assessments (if applicable); internal audit plans; annual audit plans (if applicable) etc.
- Ensure thorough project documentation and maintain electronic filing in accordance to BDO guidelines.
- Prepare and review Internal Audit Plan based the evidence gathered during the field work; discuss Project Execution Strategy with the Manager; coordinate and communicate initial observations with the client; obtain client approval for planning phase; initiate project execution.
- Complete project assignments with minimum supervision and within the timelines provided by the management.
- 2-3 years of experience with internal audit.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – with positive & enthusiastic attitude.
- Highly refined planning, leadership, relationship building and analytical skills.
- Should be able to speak fluently in both English and Arabic.
- UAE National with Family Book
About the Company
BDO UAE is the Member Firm of BDO International with 64,300 people working out of over 1,400 offices worldwide.
At BDO UAE, we specialise in helping businesses, whether start-ups or multinationals, to achieve their goals. Through our own professional expertise and by working directly with organisations, we've developed a robust understanding of the factors that govern business growth. Our objective is to use this to help our clients maximise their potential.
We have a partner-led approach, which delivers the highest quality of service by using short, functional chains of communications to aid decision-making. Clients benefit from our fresh thinking, constructive challenge and practical understanding of the issues they face. Developing strong, personal relationships with our clients is at the forefront of our service approach at BDO UAE.
Senior Consultant - Risk Advisory
Assistant Manager - Risk Advisory
Senior Internal Auditor
ManpowerGroup Middle East
IT Audit Assistant Manager