Job description / Role
A leading Utilities business is looking to recruit a Risk Manager for their Abu Dhabi operation.
* To plan and manage the development of a comprehensive and effective enterprise-wide risk management framework.
* Ensure all risks are effectively managed within the defined risk appetite and government regulations in accordance with the applicable laws and standards, to support business growth and sustainability.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
* Ensure effective cascading of the functional strategy into department business plans to ensure vertical alignment and horizontal integration with other interfacing departmental strategies.
* Manage the effective achievement of assigned objectives through the leadership of the Internal Audit department by setting of individual objectives, managing performance, developing, and motivating staff to maximize sectional performance.
* Act as a role model and drive adherence to organizational values and ethics by employees of the assigned department to foster a value driven culture within the
* Manage and ensure effective implementation of Risk & Internal Audit department policies, procedures and controls covering all areas of assigned department activity so that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements, fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective service.
* Lead the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement and sustainability of systems, processes and practices considering global standards, productivity improvement and cost reduction.
* Ensure that all unit reports are prepared timely and accurately and meet requirements, policies, and quality standards.
* Establish a robust Enterprise Risk Management framework and governance structure in line with the group's strategy which ensures an independent oversight for assessing if respective business units and functions are adhering to defined Board approved strategy, risk policies, risk standards.
* Define the risk appetite for operations in close consultation with the executive management team and in line with the organization's principles and general risk guidelines; direct and oversee the establishment of a comprehensive risk register in line with regulatory requirements
* Lead the development of risk management policies and strategies; review, approve, and direct any amendments to ensure consistency of practice and compliance with sector regulations and strategic imperatives of the Group.
* Ensure the design, development and implementation of appropriate systems and necessary models to calculate overall and specific risk exposure and their impact on the organization's capital.
* Provide key inputs to management on all operational and strategic risk management activities and the level of adherence of all functions / business units with established policies while providing expert advice on effective risk management and mitigation measures to protect all organizational assets and business interests.
* Ensure that professional Risk Management standards are consistently applied, achieved, and maintained within all areas of the organization.
* Lead the implementation and execution of the risk assessment exercise and ensure that the business units and functions have designed and implemented appropriate mitigation and risk management measures that protects the organization against major adverse events.
* Provide guidance to management, business lines and functions on avoiding, accepting, reducing, or sharing risk through developing a set mitigating actions to align risks with the Group's risk tolerances and risk appetite.
* Ensure that the approved strategy, business plans, budgets along with the approved policies/procedures are communicated in a timely manner to the ERM employees, functions and business units and oversee their implementation to ensure compliance with applicable regulations.
* Build and maintain strong and effective relationship with all other related units to achieve the Department's goals/ objectives.
* Lead the process of conducting periodic follow-up on status of risks and associated actions agreed to be taken to mitigate the risks.
* Evaluate the residual risk rating based on the mitigating controls in place and if necessary, implement processes which maintain a risk level commensurate with the business's residual risk appetite.
* Ensure the collaboration with various functions/ business units across the organization and conducting of trainings to enhance awareness of enterprise-wide risk management whilst facilitating the establishment of a risk management culture across the organization.
* Lead the development and delivery of ERM training programs, and continuously assess changes in the program content to ensure on-going effectiveness.
* Bachelor's degree in [Finance/Economics/Financial Risk Management]
* Master's degree is preferred
* Any Risk Management related Professional Certification such as IFM or FRM is preferred
* Minimum of 10 years of post-qualified experience in enterprise risk management; preferred risk management consulting experience
* Must be detail oriented and Organized
* Strong working knowledge of MS excel and simulation software such as at risk
Salary and Benefits:
* 80,000 90,000aed per month plus Family benefits
About the Company
Founded in 1948, Robert Half International Inc. (NYSE symbol: RHI) is the world\'s first and largest specialized staffing firm and a member of the S&P 500 index. We are a global leader in professional staffing and consulting services and the parent company of Protiviti, a leading independent internal audit and business and technology risk consulting firm. For 2006, Robert Half International reported revenues of $4 billion and now has staffing and consulting operations in more than 400 locations worldwide.
Finance Officer / Head
A Leading Company In UAE
Senior Associate/Vice President, Corporate Finance
Sr. Financial Accounting – Officer
|Ras Al Khaimah||14 Apr|