Job description / Role
Do you want to help build a world-class institution from the region, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people's lives?
We are looking for an experienced, ambitious and pro-active Risk Officer to be based in Dubai who will work directly with Careem's General Counsel in building the risk function for Careem worldwide.
- Building a "second line of defense" operational/enterprise risk function for Careem worldwide
- Identifying, evaluating and monitoring known and emerging business and operational risks for all Careem functions
- Facilitating implementation of effective risk management practices by operational management
- Assisting management in developing processes and controls to manage risks
- Researching and implementing a risk management best practice framework tailored to Careem's business
- Minimum of 6 yrs experience in an operational/enterprise risk management role
- Experience at a publicly listed multinational enterprise strongly preferred
- A robust understanding of operational risk.
- Some knowledge of technology systems preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills and strong personal integrity
- Proven ability to manage work flows effectively in a multi-stakeholder environment
Dubai, UAE with frequent regional travel
About the Company
We are a brand that aims to simplify people's lives by revolutionizing the transportation industry. A brand that strives to inspire everyone it interacts with, and supports every single person who dares to believe. #BeCareem
Careem is the MENA region's leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 50+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.