Job description / Role
Do you want to help build a world-class institution from the region, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people's lives?
We are looking for an experienced, ambitious and pro-active Risk Officer to be based in Dubai who will work directly with Careem's General Counsel in building the risk function for Careem worldwide.
- Building a "second line of defense" operational/enterprise risk function for Careem worldwide
- Identifying, evaluating and monitoring known and emerging business and operational risks for all Careem functions
- Facilitating implementation of effective risk management practices by operational management
- Assisting management in developing processes and controls to manage risks
- Researching and implementing a risk management best practice framework tailored to Careem's business
- Minimum of 6 yrs experience in an operational/enterprise risk management role
- Experience at a publicly listed multinational enterprise strongly preferred
- A robust understanding of operational risk.
- Some knowledge of technology systems preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills and strong personal integrity
- Proven ability to manage work flows effectively in a multi-stakeholder environment
Dubai, UAE with frequent regional travel
About the Company
We are a brand that aims to simplify people's lives by revolutionizing the transportation industry. A brand that strives to inspire everyone it interacts with, and supports every single person who dares to believe. #BeCareem
Careem is the MENA region's leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 50+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Group Internal Auditor