Job description / Role
A Risk Quantification and ERM Specialist opportunity, working within a market-leading organization in the UAE's energy sector. You will be heavily involved across Risk Management, as well as utilising and developing models in relation to quantifying risk, and using this information to influence commercial decisions.
The organization is a leading player in the UAE's energy sector. They have undergone huge growth and continue to invest heavily in increasing headcount across their key corporate functions.
* Monitor usage of the organisation's ERM processes across the organisation, including but not limited to relevant risk quantification methodologies, tools and templates
* Research and apply new ways to quantify and analyse the organisation's risks in line with the ERM policy and framework while reviewing and evaluating risk quantification approaches of similar international utilities
* Provide risk management support within key projects by providing guidance on risk quantification and the application of risk simulation software/modelling
* Analyse potential new investment decisions and stress test financial models considering multiple risks/assumptions and offering probabilistic insight on potential investment ROI and contribute in drafting investment recommendations based on risk sensitivity analysis.
* Review and challenge business planning and budgets proposed by the organisation, in consideration of the the organisation risk landscape and any necessary contingency reserves, and provide a probabilistic analysis on EBITDA/Unit costs to make a meaningful recommendation from risk perspective
* Perform a risk mapping and quantification exercise to map risks from the risk registers to the profit and loss account and balance sheet
* Analyse the forecasting models used in the forecasting of demand, identify any risks inherent in the models.
* Regularly update risk dashboards and reports based on inputs obtained from the functions and outputs of the risk quantification activities, ensuring accurate documentation
* Support business functions including Project Finance, Strategy and Planning and Financial Planning and Reporting on how to quantify/ analyse and report risks and evaluate internal and external risks/issues that may impact the organisation's core activities
* Produce various risk reports in line with the ERM Policy and directives of the ERM Head and Senior Management, working with key contributors to support the analysis of significant risks and the appropriate mitigation measures
* Implement all relevant section policies, processes, and procedures so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner
This opportunity will offer you the chance to join one of the leading names in the UAE energy sector, as well as providing you with excellent growth and development opportunities as they continue to invest in expanding headcount across their Risk team. Additionally they will offer a genuine market-leading salary and benefits package.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background across Risk Analytics, and specifically have good exposure to utilising and developing risk models.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies