Job description / Role
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you’ll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
We are looking for a Roads & Highways Design Engineer to join our Transportation & Infrastructure team in Abu Dhabi.
• Prepare detailed high quality roads designs to the relevant standards and authority requirements, from concept to tender and construction drawings
• Understand the contract and scope of project deliverable
• Prepare roads design basis report or technical report
• Prepare roads geometric design and calculate earthworks quantities
• Coordinates all aspects of the design internally and externally
• Conduct required checks and reviews of own teams designs
• Develop expertise and stay abreast of developments in relevant technical field
• Attend and contribute in team/project meetings as required
• Ensure statutory and regulatory requirements are met within the design
• Ensure that Health & Safety is embedded into all work practices in line with company policies
• Support the companies approach to sustainability
• Preparing and review design options for both technical and economic impact
• All design complies with regional codes and best practice
• Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering with minimum 6 years of consultancy experience.
• Member of a professional institution or working towards professional membership
• Experience of conceptual, preliminary and detailed design of interchanges and highways and intersections
• Experience in Feasibility studies of road projects
• Good knowledge of ME design codes such as Design Manual for Roads and Local Authority Design Guides
• Knowledge of international design standards and guidelines such as AASHTO and DMRB
• At least 5-year experience in roads design using Civil 3D or similar roads design software packages
• Experience in Construction Staging plans and temporary traffic control measures, road signs and marking.
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous days annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.