Job description / Role
Swissotel Al Ghurair & Swissotel Living Al Ghurair Hotel is a 620-room-and-suite upper upscale property. Catering for both business and leisure clientele. The hotel is located in Deira in the heart of Dubai and within easy reach of major tourist landmarks, leisure destinations and city services. It is linked to the Al Ghurair Shopping Centre, only 3 stops away on the Dubai Metro from the Dubai World Trade Centre and a 10 minute drive from Dubai International Airport.
Room Service Order taker
Passionate about the Food & Beverage, you will be an ambassador for the exceptional service and cuisine that are hallmarks of our food & beverage experience. As a Room Service Order taker, you will coordinate all service requirements addressed to Room Service and ensure their immediate action, aiming for the highest possible guest satisfaction.
What's in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Directly involved in the order taking and order placing process while dealing with guest requests and orders, courteously, efficiently and promptly.
- Attends all meetings and briefing sessions to maintain open communication within the assigned team.
- Knows all menus and ongoing promotions in the outlet by heart and gives recommendations to guests upon request.
- To promote efficiency, confidence, courtesy and an extremely high standard of social skills.
- Refers guest complaints directly to the immediate person in-charge / Room Service Manager.
- Assures the well-being of all guests by maintaining a close and friendly, yet discrete contact.
- Observes the cleanliness and maintenance of the assigned Room Service area and operating equipment.
- Works (hands on) with the team to prepare the daily service mise en place.
- Takes reservations for other outlets during break times, if the situation requires.
- Performs cashier duties, if the situation calls for.
- To report any equipment failures/problems to the Maintenance Department.
Your experience and skills include:
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Experience in the field is a strong asset
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai. Swissotel Al Ghurair & Swissotel Living Al Ghurair will cover visa costs and flights for selected candidates from place of origin.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.