Job description / Role
We are Heartists®
"Heartist © " describes both our culture and who we are. Everything we do comes from the heart, and we're experts in what we do. Generous, attentive, and free, we ensure that everyone can come as they are, and feel like they belong. As one big team, we know that only together can we do amazing things!
We believe that the world is more welcoming when we're connected. So that we see what we have in common, instead of what sets us apart.
Life in Adagio & Ibis Styles
We create memorable stories for our guests and fellow Heartists® offering personalized experiences with a Glocalized urban touch.
We discover together and are flexible to our guest's discerning needs.
Trendy, curious, creative and open minded blended with entrepreneurial spirit; our Heartists® bring life into the cluster.
- Is in charge of the organisation and quality of Reception, Housekeeping and Floor services offered to guests
- Is responsible for good financial and qualitative results for the department
- Helps define and implement hotel strategy
- Helps employees improve their skills and provides support for career development
- Manages the Rooms Division Team
Key Deliverables and Responsibilities:
Planning & Organizing:
- Prepares the marketing and commercial action plan for the hotel
- Plays an active role in the marketplace policy
- Takes part in or validates the recruitment of all team members
- Validates the annual performance appraisals carried out by the Heads of Department (reception and floor departments)
- Carries out annual performance appraisals on the people directly under his/her responsibility, sets targets and provides support for career development
- Modifies working methods to comply with brand philosophy
- Develops trust, openness and team spirit within the department
- Involves and motivates his/her teams
- Ensures headcount matches the level of activity
- Supervises and coordinates the departments: ensures they are well organised and run smoothly
- Respects and ensures respect of labour regulations
- Optimises the hotel's occupancy rates and develops associated services
- Ensures that all sales made comply with the sales policy as defined by the brand and the hotel
- Keeps track of the standard of services delivered, based on guest comments and quality audits
- Keeps close track of what the competition is doing
- Is actively involved in the local area to keep up-to-date with the needs
- Develops close relationships with guests throughout their stay with the aim of gaining their loyalty
- Is often present in the lobby and at reception in order to meet guests on a daily basis
- Ensures that guests receive a warm and personal welcome
- Organises the receptionists and welcomers for optimal effectiveness
- Knows the behaviour patterns of regular guests and issues instructions to the different teams within the department
- Handles guest complaints if they have not been dealt with by team members
- Draws up the annual budget for the department and follows up implementation
- Implements the rooms pricing policy in an effort to optimise REVPAR
- Motivates and drives the team to attain the department's quantative targets
- Manages headcount to ensure it matches the level of activity in line with the predefined budget
- Carries out occasional checks on cash operations, activity reports etc
- Checks and analyses the dashboard charts prepared by the Heads of Department
- Takes part in "Credit" meetings and runs thorough checks on files in litigation
- Analyses financial results and takes corrective measures as necessary throughout the year
- Decides on the department's investments in conjunction with the General Manager
Generic Aspects on Hygiene / Personal Safety / Environment/Confidentiality:
- Ensure proper care of all equipment and furniture entrusted for Heartists use.
- Be well-familiar with the hotel's policies and procedures, well-acquainted with the physical layout of the hotel and its premises and knowledgeable of the hotel's emergency procedures in regard to fire, medical, bomb threat, black-out and evacuation.
- Knows the safety regulations and ensures their application & ensures the safety of people and property in the hotel.
- Respects and ensures respect of the hotel's commitments to the "Environment Charter" of Planet 21 program (saving energy, recycling, sorting waste etc).
- Understands and strictly adhere to the Rules & Regulations established in the Employees Handbook and the Hotel's policy on Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
- Ensure that confidential records and other confidential information are properly safeguarded and are not removed from the office.
- Does not disclose any financial information or any other information of the Accor Hotels.
Our values are our common language, they drive us every day. Embodied in and flowing through our Heartist program, a symbol of our identity and culture, these values are the bedrock that binds us to the Group. They perpetuate and spread -beyond professions, persons, countries and cultures- the sense of hospitality and service, our strength and nourishment of the Group's success worldwide.
We obsess over our customers. Our guests are the driver of our decisions and our actions. We put them first, we care for them. We go the extra mile for them. We enjoy doing it.
We believe that hospitality has the power to unlock a better tomorrow. We act for good to support & empower the communities in which we live and protect the planet that you visit.
We are connected with the world, and to others. We enjoy the mix of cultures. We are proud of our differences. We put you first and we value you, whoever you are. We care for the planet
Spirit of Conquest
Our guests are globetrotters, and so are we. We want to be where they want to be. We explore, we initiate, and we develop. We are ambitious for our guests. We make the impossible possible, we have fun doing it.
Hospitality is a team sport, and we're stronger when we trust and support each other. We believe in natural kindness, respect our differences and value all voices. We work as one team, to say what we do, and do what we say.
We dare to challenge the status quo. We embrace innovation and challenge ourselves to do things better and faster. We take risks, dream the impossible and make it possible.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.