Job description / Role
KEY RESULTS ACCOUNTABILITY
• Develop rail systems maintenance plans by setting the goals and key initiatives to achieve the goals, based on the current and expected performance, and within specifications.
• Review of designs (design maintainability review) as and submit recommendations when requested.
• Plan and improve systems and procedures to enhance the maintenance quality standard and efficiency of the department.
• Manage, execution, and supervision of work/projects including, review work requirements, issue work scheduling & approval of work programs, supervise contractor & approve work completion, random site inspections, and maintenance contractor evaluation.
• Manage the maintenance activities of Rail Track Systems.
• Manage and ensure the implementation of the preventive and corrective maintenance of the rail systems and related features.
• Attend a project taking-over and end of defect liability period inspection from the main contractor, ensure that snag lists are prepared and submitted to the contractor for rectification through the concerned department.
• Facilitate the management review on maintenance planning issues, performance, inspection, progress towards the objectives & targets, programs, etc.
• Communicate with chief engineers on maintenance cost with ERV (estimate replacement value).
• Responsible for preparing yearly reports comparing the maintenance practices of the department with the current international best practices.
• Perform other responsibilities related to the position as appropriate.
AED 31,000 to 36,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Additional benefits: Minimum 6 years of Experience, not less.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor degree in Engineering: Civil, Mechanical from a recognized university. Masters preferred.
• 8 years of relevant working experience. (Minimum 6 years of experience not less)
• Excellent knowledge and intensive experience with international civil infrastructure projects, functions, systems, procedures and knowledge of management software such as primavera is advantageous.
• Demonstrated essential leadership skills in identifying and handling technical challenges in the specialty subject area.
• Full awareness of both commercial and contractual terms and conditions
• Highly analytical thinking with demonstrated talent for identifying, scrutinizing, improving, and streamlining complex work processes.
• Computer-literate performer with extensive software proficiency covering wide variety of applications
• Exceptional listener and communicator who effectively conveys information verbally and in writing.
• Resourceful team player who excels at building trusting relationships with customers and colleagues.
• Flexible team player who thrives in environments requiring ability to effectively prioritize and juggle multiple concurrent projects.
• Innovative problem-solver who can generate workable solutions and resolve complaints.
• Goal-driven leader who maintains a productive climate and confidently motivates, mobilizes, and coaches employees to meet high performance standards.
• Results-driven achiever with exemplary planning and organizational skills, along with a high degree of detail orientation
About the Company
The Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) came into formation in November 2005. It is responsible for planning and executing transport and traffic projects in Dubai, preparing legislation and strategic plans, planning and constructing the Dubai Metro, developing other integrated solutions of road systems and marine networks that are safe and in line with the city’s economic development plans and the highest international standards.
RTA Senior Specialist - System Assurance
Roads & Transport Authority (RTA)
Transguard Workforce Solutions
Civil Engineer - Infrastructure
|Abu Dhabi||17 Sep|
Project Engineer - Main Contractor
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
|Abu Dhabi||4 Nov|