Job description / Role
Be Part of a Global Firm Committed to a Sustainable World
Parsons’ engineering and construction management staff members create innovative, safe, and sustainable infrastructure in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, and Kuwait. We deliver rail, transit, road, and highway transportation; water conveyance and wastewater treatment; oil and gas; land development; public; and aviation infrastructure to our customers and communities. Parsons creates interconnected communities and world-class infrastructure.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Safety Engineer ensures that the safety plan reflects corporate policy and complies with the prevailing safety requirements for the region.
• Administers job safety program; audits and inspects job site to detect and correct safety hazards.
• Monitors the safety performance of all construction operations in assigned job site areas with respect to one or more elements of SHARP Management and the Parsons Construction Safety & Health Manual.
• Performs accidents record analysis, and issues reports on a regularly scheduled basis.
• If certified in first aide and on small projects, may function as the first aid attendant, and/or may supervise first aid personnel in providing first aid care of occupationally injured or ill personnel.
• Conducts new hire safety orientation, daily safety huddles and weekly toolbox training.
• Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
• Engineering Degree with at least 10 years of experience in the field of safety in large construction supervision projects.
• Safety training and certifications from recognized institute.
• Relevant IT skills / computer literate.
• Excellent communication skills in English.
• Must possess a valid UAE Driving License.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.