Job description / Role
Safety Inspector - Roads & Infrastructure
Parsons is a technology-driven engineering services firm with more than 70 years of experience in the engineering, construction, technical, and professional services industries. The corporation is a leader in many diversified markets with a focus on infrastructure, defense, and construction. Parsons delivers design/design-build, program/construction management, systems design/engineering, cyber/converged security, and other professional services packaged in innovative alternative delivery methods to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide.
Parsons provides construction supervision consultancy to a flagship infrastructure project in Dubai, UAE. The planned development encompasses commercial districts linked by leisure developments that expand into further residential neighborhoods and parks in an area of approximately 400 hectares. Scope of work includes internal roads, external highway intersections, bridges, street lighting, electrical (HV and LV) networks, district cooling, potable water, sewerage, storm water drainage networks, waste management and other structures and infrastructure works.
Parsons extensive experience in the region, combined with your advanced engineering, inspection and supervision skills and knowledge, will propel your career forward. We deliver iconic projects with Safety Inspectors who are assertive, versatile, enthusiastic in working in a highly flexible, quality-driven, and team-oriented environment.
• Check the site activities regularly to ensure compliance with safety plans and safety rules.
• Report any safety violation immediately to the Senior Safety Engineer and the Resident Engineer.
• Act immediately to prevent accidents and potential harm to people and properties on the site. That includes stopping the work or ordering immediate actions if necessary.
• Check the traffic diversions to ensure safe operations and smooth traffic flow.
• Assist the Senior Safety Engineer in conducting safety training to the Consultant’s staff and other employees.
• Attend all tool box talks with the Contractor Safety Engineer and maintain records.
• Monitor the site activities to ensure all activities are performed in a safe way.
• Prepare accidents reports in cooperation with the Senior Safety Engineer.
• Completes additional duties as assigned.
• Degree in Civil Engineering or related technical diploma.
• At least 7-10 years of related work experience on large and complex roads, highway, bridges, and other civil and infrastructure works.
• Recognized HSE qualification certificate level from IOSH and NEBOSH.
• Preferably with experience in Dubai.
• Adept with latest local and international safety standards.
• Good written and oral communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills, as well as a demonstrated ability to interact effectively with project personnel, project management, contractors and other stakeholders.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.