Job description / Role
• Adhere to and implement HSE management system requirements and procedures for site team.
• Adhere to project HSE requirements and implement this to team.
• Monitor the compliance of all staff with the applicable safety standards and company’s procedures and bring to the attention of the Project Manager any safety violations by site team for their further action.
• Monitor, assess and report on Sub Contractors HSE compliance with the project HSE requirements as per the Contract and HSE legislation / best practice
• Immediately bring to the attention of the PM the critical and outstanding safety issues for their further actions.
• Conduct and co-ordinate regular safety training for staff.
• Carry out daily site HSE tours with HSE staff and highlight findings.
• Issue Safety Enforcement Notices (SEN) as per applicable procedure.
• Follow up on outstanding HSE issues and ensuring prompt closure with adequate evidence of compliance.
• Review and comment of the HSE Plans. Update the site safety plan when necessary.
• Review and comment on risk assessments and work method statements.
• Develop and update HSE documents (the Safety File), e.g. HSE Plan, HSE specific site risk assessment, office risk assessment, office fire risk assessment, etc.
• Conduct accident and incident investigations for staff.
• Compile accident report and incident statistics.
• Chair weekly safety meetings where required as necessary. Issue MOM on time (within 48 hours). Report any outstanding and critical safety issues or lack of action in the weekly progress meetings.
• Prepare and maintain HSE registers, e.g. training, induction, inspection reports, accident/Incident, and others as required.
• Report any accident on site immediately to Line Manager.
• Monitor the compliance with UAE Health, Safety, Security and Environmental (HSSE) legislation and SubContractors HSE Plan and report and follow up any breaches.
• Prepare regular weekly, monthly and other reports as required on safety matters for issue to Project Manager.
• Ensure that relevant safety measures have been put in place for Engineers & Inspectors and provide training as and when require.
• Coordinate safety-related activities for team and mentor regularly.
• Carry out inductions for site staff.
• General HSE advice as required.
• Assist the project site team during internal, external and site surveillance audits.
• Diploma Holder at least 3-5 years’ experience Civil Projects with specialization in QHSE or related discipline
• Possess certification in NEBOSH/ IOSH
• Knowledgeable in ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OSHA 18001, HSE
• Good MS Office skills particularly in Excel, Words and Power point. • Able to work independently and meticulous.
About the Company
We are a leading Contracting Company in Abu Dhabi. Totally commitment to quality and sharp focus on customer satisfaction have set the group apart as a market leader providing general construction services for commercial and residential projects.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
HSE Engineer / Safety Officer
Manpower Middle East