Job description / Role
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP are looking for a Safety Officer to supervise the health, safety and Environmental practices of contractor for day to day site operations and advise the safety manager on any health, safety and environmental breaches.
Your new role, what's involved?
* Review the contractor's health, safety and environmental plan and monitor compliance with the plan
* Carry out regular visits to the site to inspect the contractor's health, safety and environmental arrangements and produce reports based on my findings
* Work in close liaison with the contractor's staff and ensure that high standards of safety are maintained across all the work activities and the that the site is maintained in a clean and tidy manner
* Keep a record of any health, safety and environmental violations
* Record the actions taken by the contractor to rectify safety defects
* Review, respond and recommend approvals of all risk assessments and safety aspects of method statements
* Assist? safety manager in producing required data and details for weekly/monthly safety reports
* Implement HSE performance management KPI's for given targets and applicable audits.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to influence
* Microsoft Office proficient, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
* Hold a Degree/diploma in relevant subject
* Hold a NEBOSH IGC certificate or another equivalent internationally recognised certificate.
* Minimum 5 years' experience in dealing with major construction projects
What's in it for you?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous days annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.