Job description / Role
Raffles the Palm Dubai is on the western crescent of Palm Jumeirah, the world's largest manmade island and archipelago. This luxurious five-star hotel with 391 spacious rooms, suites and villas is embellished with hand-crafted Italian touches and offset by carefully selected amenities to complete the atmosphere of elegance. Guests can enjoy panoramic views, a private beach, state of the art entertainment and recreational facilities, including specialist boutiques, a VIP movie theatre, signature and private restaurants complemented by exquisite banqueting and conference spaces.
When visiting Raffles, guests will discover the individual personality and story offered by the hotel. At the essence of every Raffles is the delivery of thoughtful, personal and discreet service to well-travelled guests. Raffles Hotels & Resorts is an award-winning, luxury international hotel company with a history dating back to 1887 with the opening of Raffles Hotel, Singapore. The portfolio currently comprises eleven luxurious properties, from secluded resorts to city hotels in key locations around the world.
- Prepare all administration documents required by the Hotel Sales Team
- Attend to Telephone, Fax, email inquiries in a timely manner
- Coordinate all Fam Trips and Site Inspections as required
- Attend Monthly Sales Meetings
- Attend to all Sales Department mail and maintain a correspondence database
- Assist with direct mail campaigns
- Statistical collation on behalf of state (weekly)
- Maintain Filing systems (manual and electronic)
- Maintenance and management of database
- Assist with promotions where requested
- Organize Trade Shows, functions and exhibitions where applicable and advised by Superiors and carry out travel arrangements
- Assist with compilation of annual budgets, business plan and regular action plans
- Assist with tender submissions
- Stock control of collateral
- Coordinate and maintain supply of corporate gifts and promotional items
- Assist with the preparation of new products and services
- Work in line with business needs
- Is aware of the Credit Policy
- Is fully aware of Raffles standards
- Performs related duties and special projects as assigned
- To keep constant update on the Data Base of customers in liaise with Reservation / Revenue Manager & Director of Sales
- To maintain an updated data system on the Sales & Marketing System (OPERA) of Ground Handlers, DMC's, Conference Organizers, Incentive Houses & Venue finders.
- Good understanding of luxury market
- Good understanding of all hotel departments
- Knowledge of sales skills and revenue management
- Must have strong interpersonal skills with attention to details
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strategic thinking combined with the ability to move strategy to action
- Problem solving skills
- Self-motivated, creative and confident, with a highly energetic personality
- Creative, independent and manages stress gracefully
- Ability to meet deadlines consistently
- Pro-active and taking initiative
- Must be organized and ability to work and follow systems and procedures
- Must be adaptable to change of strategy, ideas, systems etc.
- Must be guest service oriented
- Proficiency in organizational planning with the ability to multi-task
- Minimum 2 years' experience in a sales position
- Degree/Diploma in Hotel Management / Business Administration
- Strong knowledge of Opera Sales & Catering & Microsoft Office
- Understands the local culture and have worked in the region
- Fluency in English, written and spoken
- Fluency in Arabic, written & spoken is an advantage
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.