Job description / Role
Th8 Palm is Dubai's most thrill-blazing hotel. A place where you can live the infinite every day.
A destination that fuses fashion and the finest of everything:
Experience a fun-seekers paradise that offers 161 extraordinary rooms & suites, immersive infinity pools, captivating culinary and mixology experiences, panoramic sea and skyline views, Beach club with in-house DJ and banging tunes.
Set on the edge of soft, white sands and sparkling azure seas. Come for the vibe; linger for the ever-changing mood, as day shimmers into dazzling night.
Th8 Palm. Limitless excitement. Endless possibilities.
The Sales Coordinator is an essential supporting role within the department. Assisting with all the administrative tasks of the department.
Summary of Daily Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Ensure prompt and courteous service is extended to both internal and external customers
- Prioritize all telephone calls and in-person visitors, scheduling appointments as required
- Maintain a positive relationship with all guests, vendors and Colleagues
- Ensure all sales promotional literature is current and updated
- Provide all administration duties for the Sales office (raising purchase orders, handling the departmental expenses, etc.)
- Assist with the maintenance of accounts, contact, activity and business details within appropriate software applications
- Follow departmental policies and procedures
- Follow all safety policies
- Other duties as assigned
General Tasks & Miscellaneous:
All colleagues must be flexible and to carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the job capability as assigned, including redeployment to alternative departments/areas if required, to meet business demands and guest service needs.
- All colleagues must assess situations and to be able to react accordingly through analysis and perspective.
- All colleagues should be available in front of the guests and colleagues - in accordance to their position - and to serve as an example for other employees.
- All colleagues are required to comply with every reasonable request from their hierarchical supervisor(s) within an amount of time that it takes to comply under normal circumstances.
Human Resources & Training
- It is the colleague's responsibility to report any case of harassment and discrimination as soon as it happens, either to their direct leader or to the Human Resources. It is the leader's responsibility to treat complaints of harassment and discrimination promptly and confidentially.
- It is everyone's responsibility to treat customers and colleagues from all cultural groups with respect and sensitivity.
- All colleagues must attend trainings and meetings as and when required.
- All colleagues must ensure confidentiality and secure storage of all intellectual property and data bases, both hard copy and electronic. Adhere to Accor Internet and Email policy
- All colleagues must ensure Hotel, Customer and Staff information or transactions are kept confidential during or after employment with the company.
- All colleagues must be familiar with Accor's PLANET 21 Program, as well as our brand's commitments to sustainable development;
- All colleagues must know the hotel's actual or scheduled actions and initiatives, including but not limited to:
- Switch off the lights and other appliances when not used;
- Do not waste water; do not let water run more than necessary;
- Reduce paper consumption (use front and back, 2 pages per sheet, avoid printing emails, etc.);
Physical Aspects of the Position (include but not limited to):
- For Operational Roles, frequent standing and walking throughout the shift are expected, as well as occasional kneeling; pushing; pulling; ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps; occasional lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs
- For Office roles, sitting for extended hours in a row can be harmful and lead to postural problems. Office workers are advised to get up and move regularly to prevent such problems.
- Previous experience is an asset
- Previous sales or administrative experience preferred
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications and/or relevant computer applications required
- University/College degree in a related discipline an asset
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal required
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.