Job description / Role
What you will do
The Sales Director is a key role, reporting directly to the General Manager, Sub-Saharan Africa. You will drive the growth and results of business across all South Africa in the direct channel in Controls, Security, Chillers, Airside, Service and Parts, and indirect channel in Variable Refrigerant Flow and Refrigeration and Air Conditioning/Precision Air Conditioning.
Your primary focus will be profitably growing margins, increasing our market share in Africa and deploying the right go-to-market approach for each line of business, leading all sales employees across South Africa. This position will take a lead on enhancing sales capability in partnership with the others on the regional leadership team.
As a member of this team, you will work within a vibrant environment that provides a platform for you to use your leadership experience coupled with your industry knowledge of a contracting and distribution business operating in South Africa.
How you will do it
• As a Sales Director, you will achieve regional bookings and revenue growth plans, regularly monitor results and address issues and concerns that impede positive results, utilize daily performance metrics continually to ensure "what gets measured, gets done", consistently utilize approved CRM systems to manage the sales process and sales funnel, ensure sales channel(s) strategic initiatives are executed in accordance with corporate goals and area budgets.
• You will also implement Johnson Controls Security defined strategy, and serve as the primary contact for Sales to provide input and feedback related to Corporate Sales and Marketing, ensure consistency of field sales activities, advocate operating efficiencies and dynamics for a successful sales program within assigned areas, research and share "Best Practices" with the Sales Management Team, champion and lead domain cross-selling effort
• As the Sales Director, you will be expected to communicate new policies, sales techniques and other modifications to sales management team, to oversee sales team to ensure consistency in implementation as new products and services are introduced and ensure all financial and operational performance targets are met.
• You'll demonstrate your expertise by differentiating Johnson Controls, leveraging your deep market knowledge of our competitor's strategies, products and services.
• You are a hunter driven to seek and develop long term customer relationships, self-motivated enjoying the challenge of working independently to drive your territory growth.
• You're naturally perseverance, tenacious and consistent in your approach to work, managing multiple priorities simultaneously because of your excellent planning, organization and time management skills.
What we look for
• Graduation from related fields
• Minimum 5-7 years of sales management of a distributed sales organization in the building technologies & construction industry
• Accountable for delivering R +250 Million (across multiple lines of businesses) annual sales target
• Strong computer skills - Including knowledge of MS Office environment and internal
• Accountability matrix proficiency, including performance management leadership skills
• Strong managerial/leadership skills, analytical skills, communication skills
• High customer focus, drive for results, timely decision making, priority setting
• Good at conflict management and motivating others
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience
• Able to travel 25% of the time (including various branch offices within a defined area on a regular basis)
• Experience in driving sales discipline and use of CRM to manage sales process (Salesforce would be an asset)
• College or University degree in the field of engineering
• Forecasting blocks management and team monthly sales outlook ownership drive experience
• Account management strategy driver with unique focus specifically on Contractors, Consultants and End Users/Owners
About the Company
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 120,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities.
Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.