Job description / Role
Kanoo Machinery is looking for 2 candidates for our spare parts division in Ras Al Khor. We are looking for candidates that have a positive attitude and are customer oriented in order to identify and satisfy customer needs and requirements.
• Assists all counter customers in selecting required parts in a friendly, professional, and efficient manner.
• Informs customers of companion part requirements and specials and ensures that the customer is exposed to the full product line.
• Answers phone calls, providing price quotes and other information in a courteous and cheerful manner.
• Reviews quotes to be sure the parts that are ordered are correct and all pricing is in line with the estimate.
• Provides high level of service to internal and external customers.
• Notifies parts manager of out-of-stock parts or materials that need immediate attention.
• Notifies the customers when special ordered and all parts have been received. Follows up on back-ordered parts.
• Assists Parts sales representatives with their orders.
• Receives payment from retail customers or obtains credit authorization.
• Ensures that all customers receive their copy of the invoice/DN.
• Ensures that all charge sales are signed by the customer.
• Issues credit for parts returned, ensuring that the original invoice, or its number, is available so that purchase and pricing can be verified as per company policy.
• Keeps abreast of technical spare parts bulletins.
• Keeps orderly records of all Purchase orders, invoices, and other relevant documents.
• Sets up orders for daily shipment, delivery, or pick-up. Keeps front and rear counter areas clean and uncluttered.
• Participates in approved training programs.
• Keeps current on new products and product updates also create and update customer data base
• Participates with the parts manager in maintaining a lost sales tracking program.
• To create and update customer data base.
• Carry out any temporary assignments as manager requires.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in selling spare parts over the counter and outdoor sales, preferably.
• Must have experience and thorough knowledge of spare parts for the following equipment - Engine/ Generator/ Construction/ Heavy Equipment’s/ Material Handling Equipment.
• Understand or are familiar with the basic automotive systems and technicalities.
• Able to identify Spare Parts from Electronic Parts catalogue.
• Candidate must hold an Engineering Degree/ Diploma in Automobile/Mechanical Engineering.
• Courses or certificates in parts sales and inventory control management.
• Should be well versed with Microsoft outlook, Excel, Word.
• Very well experienced on any ERP system.
• Valid UAE driver's license.
About the Company
Established in 1890, Yusuf Bin Ahmed Kanoo (YBA Kanoo) started from a humble trading and shipping enterprise founded in Bahrain by Haji Yusuf Bin Ahmed Kanoo. From Bahrain, the business spread to Saudi Arabia in the 1930s.
In 1967, Hamed Kanoo came from Saudi Arabia to the UAE to expand the family business. Having successfully established Yusuf Bin Ahmed Kanoo (YBA Kanoo)'s operations in Khafji in the Kingdom, the company asked him to replicate the same in UAE too. With only 5 people including him, Hamed Kanoo managed to put-up The Kanoo Group as a trade name in the UAE Map. At present, The Kanoo Group operates in UAE and Oman. Mishal Hamed Kanoo serves as the Chairman, with over 1,200 employees working for its divisions.
The Kanoo family remained true to their early values. This adherence to ethics and beliefs made them an essential component of the regional business life.
One of the first industries that Kanoo excelled at was shipping. No one could have predicted that it would challenge the monopoly of long established British companies and goes on to become the largest regional shipping agency in the Middle East. Kanoo Shipping is one of the founders of S5 Agency World Ltd. and was the first Arab shipping agency in the region in 1911. At present, Kanoo Shipping operates in 20 countries and in all principal ports and offshore tanker loading terminals around the Arabian Peninsula, including Iraq. It handles 11,000 port calls every year which covers all ports in the Suez to India range.
The historic rise of Kanoo Travel has proven similarly impressive. The group's interest in travel started in 1937 when the company used to provide refueling facilities for Imperial Airline sea-planes en route to India and Australia. In 1947, Kanoo Travel became the first IATA agency in the Gulf and became the very first travel company in the Middle East to receive the ISO certification in 1997.
The Group's another success story began in mid-1960s. Kanoo Machinery used to supply construction and material handling equipment in the region. At that time, the UAE was just setting up its oil and gas industry and developing its infrastructure. By providing the government and private sectors with world-class equipment and services, Kanoo Machinery helped lay down the foundations of the vital sectors of UAE's economy.
Today for over 130 years, the company is amongst the most diversified and highly regarded business houses in the Gulf region and operates extensively throughout Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates, Oman, Yemen and Qatar. It has unremittingly grown its realm of businesses into various industries in shipping, travel, machinery, logistics, property, energy (oil & gas, power, water) industrial chemicals, training, joint ventures, retail, and commercial activities.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior Sales Executive
Sales Executive - Electronic Security
Sales Executive / Design Consultant - Luxury Furniture
Front Office Assistant
Dubai Parks and Resorts