This position is closed or expired.
See other Sales Manager jobs in UAE
Emerson Automation Solutions' Marine Measurement & Analytical portfolio covers a vast range of technologies like radar level, coriolis flow, pressure and temperature sensors for safe ship operations.
Due to an internal promotion, we have an opening in our Marine team for a Sales Manager covering the Middle East, Africa and India region. This role will suit a tenacious, proactive, results driven Sales Manager who has proven experience in technical sales and business development. You will work closely with the after-market and systems teams to maximise the potential business opportunities with our existing and un-tapped client base. Involving frequent travel (up to 60% of your time) across all three regions, this is not an easy, office based sales role, but your drive to convert prospects to sales will be rewarded by a generous bonus scheme and limitless opportunities. Our Marine technology is best in class, and coupled with our industry leading Automation Solutions portfolio, you can draw on the breadth of Emerson's expertise to achieve and exceed your targets.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Develop the strategic plan together with the Regional Sales Management and Global Project Pursuit organization to maximise potential
* Establish follow-up processes of strategies and plans. Prioritize your own activities and those of the LBP's so these targets can be met
* Identify new market opportunities and develop plans to develop them
* Feedback product and capability requirements to factory. Assist in regular competitive market research as needed
* Actively engage in key account development
* Develop internal sales processes that ensure effective quote generation and quote follow up
* Lead the project pursuits for both entity and destination projects
* Actively participate in cross divisional project pursuit teams
* Developing end-user preferences and differentiation strategies during initial pursuit cycle
* Assess customer requirements and pain-points and suggest appropriate solutions
* Work with the various stakeholders including shipyards, ship-owners, designers, ship managers & EPCs, to secure and win the projects at a premium
* Identify and pursue wireless opportunities within projects
* Develop thelocal aftermarket business
* Protect and grow existing local accounts. Develop new accounts and target competitive accounts for market share gain. Ensure efficient follow up of quotes and sales activities
* Refer sales leads, customer feedback and information on competitor activity to appropriate contacts within the organization
* Actively follow up on customer satisfaction with delivered and installed products
* Develop regional partners and position Emerson as the first choice for marine automation in the region
* Ensure sales-force in the region has assigned and completed product and sales trainings
* Generate "Quantifiable Business Results" (QBR's)
* Conduct differentiation / product seminars to internal and external customers
* Complete and submit monthly bookings and sales forecast based on LBP's and own input for the region
* Deliver regular updated analysis of regional performance
* Recognize and accept HSE Roles & Responsibilities as defined in Emerson's Company Policy and Procedures
To be considered for this role you will have a track record in technical sales within the automation/instrumentation industry in the region (Middle East, Africa & India). Preferably you will already be experienced in Marine Automation industry.
You will hold at least a Bachelors degree in Engineering (Electronics, Electrical, Instrumentationor Mechanical) and be well versed in the fundamental principles of technical sales.
Emerson is committed to conducting it's business with uncompromising ethical standards - your personal moral and ethical code will be unquestionable.
You will be a genuine team player, tenacious and hungry to grow and develop the business, and be willing and freely able to travel up to 60% of your time across the Middle East, Africa & India region.
About the Company
Emerson (NYSE: EMR) is a diversified global manufacturing and technology company. We offer a wide range of products and services in the areas of process management, climate technologies, network power, storage solutions, professional tools, appliance solutions, motor technologies, and industrial automation. Recognized widely for our engineering capabilities and management excellence, Emerson has more than 140,000 employees and approximately 265 manufacturing locations worldwide.