Job description / Role
We are Heartists®
"Heartist © " describes both our culture and who we are. Everything we do comes from the heart, and we're experts in what we do. Generous, attentive, and free, we ensure that everyone can come as they are, and feel like they belong. As one big team, we know that only together can we do amazing things!
We believe that the world is more welcoming when we're connected. So that we see what we have in common, instead of what sets us apart.
Life in Adagio
Stay, Live, Enjoy!
We create memories for our guests and fellow Heartists® offering personalized experiences with a Glocalized urban touch. We discover together and are flexible to our guest's discerning needs.
- Under the general guidance and supervision of the Director of Sales, and within the limits of established Accor polices & procedures, is responsible for planning and managing the overall sales and marketing of the hotel to achieve optimal occupancy, maximizing revenue, and meeting/exceeding hotel profit objectives.
- Takes time and get to know the guests, and to be committed to service excellence.
- Is responsible for total revenue including group and transient rooms, group food and beverage, meeting room rental, local catering, and other avenues as well as assisting and actively participating in yield management strategies.
- Strategizes areas including market mix, pricing, status, direct sales, and marketing. Serves as an advisor to the Director of Sales on business intelligence.
- Develops and maintains (managed through marketing executive) media contacts, plans press conferences and other press activities. Acts as hotel's liaison with media to promote good publicity and counteract bad publicity.
- Develops sales, marketing, co-marketing and brand initiatives to actively promote & position the Adagio Brand and Hotel.
Key Deliverables and Responsibilities:
Planning & Organizing:
- Prepares, implements and compiles data for the strategic sales plan, monthly reporting, annual goals, sales and marketing budget, forecasts and other reports as directed/required.
- Develops new plans and programs and determine the effectiveness of current plans and programs.
- Conducts market research/surveys, actively in marketing intelligence. Monitors competitor's activities at all times including the social media platforms and reports to the Director of Sales for further actions.
- Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g. CVGR, generating proposal, Corporate Rate Application letter, writing contract, customer correspondence).
- Identifies new markets and business opportunities in collaboration with team and regional sales teams to increase sales.
- Demonstrates strong negotiation skills to maximize hotel profit in all revenue producing areas.
- Ensures that all Heartists in his/her team report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform, name badge and are displaying Heartist Behaviors at all times.
- Is fully aware and conversant of ISO9001/14001 and EarthCheck policies and procedures and is responsible to integrate them in the day to day operation.
- Recruits the headcount for his/her team
- Manages his/her team in an equitable manner and in accordance with local labor laws and Accor philosophy.
- Evaluates each member of his/her team at least once a year give team members' regular feedback on their job performance.
- Displays exceptional leadership by providing a positive work environment, counselling employees as appropriate and demonstrating a dedicated and professional approach to management.
- Convenes meetings with his/her team at regular intervals for information purposes.
- Directs and manages all group, transient, and catering/banquet sales activities to maximize revenue for the hotel.
- Surveys, reviews and analyses competition, market trends, customer needs and comments in order to be proactive and adapt with business intelligence.
- Manages/directs all advertising, public relations and promotional activities in conjunction with corporate marketing and public relations departments.
- Actively participates in sales presentations, property tours and customer meetings.
- Ensures optimal compliance with corporate audits.
- Manages performance issues that arise within the Sales team.
- Effectively communicates with other departments to plan and schedule S&M activities to align with organization and each department goals.
- Conducts a daily briefing with department on current key activities.
- Evaluate changes in guest needs, the guest mix and competitive set, to recommend appropriate product/service and operational changes as necessary.
- Ensures guest and employee satisfaction, while maintaining market competitiveness and exceptional financial performance.
- Is actively involved and directs the marketing, Social Media and Digital initiatives planning and strategies with Marketing Executive.
- Participates in community and professional organizations to maintain high visibility and promote a positive image.
- Ensures constant update of new technologies and strategies to ensure the brand remains at the forefront of online with the design.
- Liaises with the Sales and Digital teams in Regional office for sales and Digital initiatives and adhere to the same in enhancing the hotel's revenue while calculating the ROI for each initiative.
- Liaises with Revenue Manager and General Manager for enhancing the revenue streams, new avenues and ensuring that the revenue is maximised for the hotel.
- Keeps continuous interaction with Finance department for follow-ups on credits, accounts and reports to maintain best relations and performance.
- Conducts daily sales calls and arrange site inspection trips to hotels by corporate clients.
- Able to support hotels service and relationship strategy, driving customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience
- Accompanies sales team on sales calls to potential clients to assist in development of the account and to access the effectiveness and sales skills of the sales person.
- Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings. Activities include sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, trade shows, etc.
- Acquires and develops new business accounts and preparing sales proposals for clients
- Actively involves in suggesting ideas to enhance traffic in F&B outlets and other revenue opportunities.
- Liaises with Front Office, Banqueting, F&B and Finance re: all Hotel sales activities.
- Produces and controls all sales literature, including brochures, flyers, poster, promotional letters and giveaways.
- Manages the RFP and other administrative duties efficiently with the team.
- Is responsible and holds responsibility of team for account management of key market segments.
- As directed, participates in tradeshows, road shows and promotional events within the hotel and trade related organizations.
- Establishes new corporate accounts year round and manages team productivity for new account generation.
- Informs concerned departments important VIP arrivals, property tours, etc. well in advance.
- Monitors a calendar on quarterly basis, promotions and mailer campaigns on Social Media with all departments.
- Regularly reviews competitive websites and offers in terms of product range, marketing and other digital initiatives.
- Manages the RFP and other administrative duties efficiently with the team.
- Closely follows up on all business leads within a 24 hour response timeline to clients with his/her Sales team.
- Manages performance issues that arise within the Sales and marketing teams.
- Ensures appropriate hiring, training, motivating, coaching, counselling and developing of department's team members.
- Is responsible for submitting weekly Sales and marketing report with detailed activities to the Director of Sales.
- Maintains account, contact, and activity and business details within Opera S&C and ANAIS according to Accor standards.
- Compiles marketing and competitive intelligence information.
- Is responsible for all reports, plans and key coordination of data with Regional Sales Team.
- Respects and applies the hotel and brand's guidelines & policies.
Generic Aspects on Hygiene / Personal Safety / Environment/Confidentiality:
- Ensure proper care of all equipment and furniture entrusted for Heartists use.
- Be well-familiar with the hotel's policies and procedures, well-acquainted with the physical layout of the hotel and its premises and knowledgeable of the hotel's emergency procedures in regard to fire, medical, bomb threat, black-out and evacuation.
- Knows the safety regulations and ensures their application & ensures the safety of people and property in the hotel.
- Respects and ensures respect of the hotel's commitments to the "Environment Charter" of Planet 21 program (saving energy, recycling, sorting waste etc).
- Understands and strictly adhere to the Rules & Regulations established in the Employees Handbook and the Hotel's policy on Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
- Ensure that confidential records and other confidential information are properly safeguarded and are not removed from the office.
- Does not disclose any financial information or any other information of the Accor Hotels.
Our values are our common language, they drive us every day. Embodied in and flowing through our Heartist program, a symbol of our identity and culture, these values are the bedrock that binds us to the Group. They perpetuate and spread -beyond professions, persons, countries and cultures- the sense of hospitality and service, our strength and nourishment of the Group's success worldwide.
We obsess over our customers. Our guests are the driver of our decisions and our actions. We put them first, we care for them. We go the extra mile for them. We enjoy doing it.
We believe that hospitality has the power to unlock a better tomorrow. We act for good to support & empower the communities in which we live and protect the planet that you visit.
We are connected with the world, and to others. We enjoy the mix of cultures. We are proud of our differences. We put you first and we value you, whoever you are. We care for the planet.
Spirit of Conquest
Our guests are globetrotters, and so are we. We want to be where they want to be. We explore, we initiate, and we develop. We are ambitious for our guests. We make the impossible possible, we have fun doing it.
Hospitality is a team sport, and we're stronger when we trust and support each other. We believe in natural kindness, respect our differences and value all voices. We work as one team, to say what we do, and do what we say.
We dare to challenge the status quo. We embrace innovation and challenge ourselves to do things better and faster. We take risks, dream the impossible and make it possible.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.