Job description / Role
- To ensure that an efficient and accurate filing system, both manuals as well as electronic, is maintained at all times.
- To maintain complete and supported records of all Sales Agreements, Contracts and Quotations for the Hotel.
- To establish an efficient trace file to ensure that all business booked is properly tracked.
- To submit Sales report to Director of Sales & Marketing in a timely manner.
- To provide accurate reporting of business booked to the Sales Coordinator for monthly consolidation.
- To ensure that Net Delphi Enterprise is used according to the standards set by New Market Software.
- To entertain and conduct hotel inspections to clients whenever required.
- To establish and maintain strong relationship with the established clientele and to constantly explore into new business opportunities.
-To liaise and work closely with the related operation departments ensuring guest's requests and expectations are being met.
- To handle guest and employee enquiries in a courteous and efficient manner, reporting complaints or problems. If no immediate solution can be found, to ensure that the necessary follow-up is conducted in a timely manner.
- To maintain positive guest and colleague interactions with good working relationships.
- To achieve the monthly and annual personal target contributing to the Sales revenue.
- To develop and review Personal Business Plan which is linked to the Hotel's Annual Business Plan.
- To conduct extensive competitor research and maintain excellent Product Knowledge of the Hotel.
- To constantly monitor and evaluate local, national and international market trends, and the competitor hotels' sales initiatives, in order to make sure the hotel's sales remain competitive and cutting edge.
- To ensure a high level of exposure for Hotel through direct sales solicitation via telephone, contracts and written communications.
- To ensure professional sales Calls using Hyatt's Consultative Selling principles and Driving Customer Preferences (DCP) philosophies.
- To carefully plan Sales Calls into defined objectives.
- To maintain a detailed knowledge of Hotel facilities, features and services.
- To conduct extensive competitor researches and to maintain excellent Product Knowledge of the hotel.
- To ensure systematically and efficiently calls on allocated Accounts within location and reports findings and opportunities to the Director of Sales and Marketing.
- To pre-qualify and target prospects, utilising hotel database and to develop appropriate and effective sales solicitation strategies to increase hotel's market share.
- To professionally conduct routine telemarketing activities to identify new business opportunities.
- To follow up sales leads to identify prospect.
- To meet and greet VIP guests upon arrival/departure.
- To plan and make Sales trips to the parties concerned which is our current and potential clientele to explore into new business opportunities.
- To entertain and conduct hotel inspections to relevant representatives/delegates whenever required.
- To establish strong contacts to source for information in regard to planned and up coming functions/ events.
- To assist Director of Sales and Associate Director of Sales and guide Sales Executives to develop their accounts and to achieve their Personal Business Plan.
- To review and constantly seek Productivity level improvements through the process of "taking work out of the system" (when appropriate) and thorough streamlining of work process.
- To implement all sales action plans related to responsibility areas as outlined in the Marketing plan.
- To ensure all employees maintain an updated awareness of Hotel product knowledge, current promotion, policy changes and appropriate internal communication.
- To assist in the recruitment and selection of Sales employees if required. To adhere to hotel guidelines when recruiting and use a competency-based approach to selecting employees.
- To assist to oversee the punctuality and appearance of Sales employees, making sure that they wear the correct uniform and maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene, according to the hotel and department's grooming standards.
- To maximise the effectiveness of employees by developing each of their skills and abilities through the appropriate training, coaching, and/or mentoring.
- To assist to conduct annual Performance Development Discussions with employees and to support them in their professional development goals.
- To assist to plan and implement effective training programmes for employees in coordination with the Training Manager and Departmental Trainers.
- To encourage employees to be creative and innovative, challenging and recognising them for their contribution to the success of the operation.
- To support the implementation of The People Brand, demonstrating and reinforcing Hyatt's Values and Culture Characteristics.
- To support the implementation of changes as a result of the Employee Engage Survey.
- To attend and contribute to all training sessions and meetings as required.
- To be knowledgeable in statutory legislation in employee and industrial relations.
- To exercise responsible management and behaviour at all times and positively representing the hotel management team and Hyatt International.
- To maintain strong, professional relationship with relevant representatives from competitor hotels, business partners and other organisations, especially travel agencies, local business groups and airlines.
- To read the hotel's Employee Handbook and to have an understanding of and adhere to the hotel's rules and regulations and in particular, the policies and procedures relating to computer resources, fire, hygiene, health and safety.
- To ensure high standards of personal presentation and grooming.
- To respond to changes in the Sales and Marketing function as dictated by the industry, company and hotel.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Ideally with a relevant degree or diploma in Hospitality or Tourism management.
- Minimum 2 years work experience as Sales Manager or Sales Executive.
- Good problem solving, administrative and interpersonal skills are a must.
About the Company
Hyatt was founded by Jay Pritzker in 1957 when he purchased the Hyatt House motel adjacent to the Los Angeles International Airport. Over the following decade, Jay Pritzker and his brother, Donald Pritzker, working together with other Pritzker family business interests, grew the company into a North American management and hotel ownership company, which became a public company in 1962. In 1968, Hyatt International was formed and subsequently became a separate public company. Hyatt Corporation and Hyatt International Corporation were taken private by the Pritzker family business interests in 1979 and 1982, respectively. On December 31, 2004, substantially all of the hospitality assets owned by Pritzker family business interests, including Hyatt Corporation and Hyatt International Corporation, were consolidated under a single entity, now Hyatt Hotels Corporation.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Sales Manager - Government
Sales Manager - B2B
Sales Manager Corporate
RTC-1 Employment Services
Sales & Marketing Manager