This position is closed or expired.
See other Sales Manager jobs in UAE
Sales Manager – Honda Power Products & Marine – Honda
Al Futtaim Group
Honda is one of the UAE's most popular automotive brands and enjoys a presence here dating back to the 1970's when it was introduced by the Al-Futtaim family. Honda's presence in the market has grown considerably, aided of course by excellent products - a car for every occasion, motorcycles, marine motors and other power products to make lives easier. We are the sole distributor for all Honda products in the UAE and our nationwide network of showrooms cover the country to enable everybody to experience and enjoy the Honda range of products easily and conveniently.
The Sales Manager - Power Products & Marine is fundamentally accountable for all Sales functions across the UAE reporting to the Operations Manager MCPP. Moreover, as a senior member of the team, strive to reinvigorate and reinvent the business by way of adopting SMART objectives. To be seen as an inspirational and self motivated leader and a strong advocate of employee and customer delight with openness and full transparency. A member of cross functional committees that shares best practice and subscribes to value adding initiatives amongst their peers.
In addition the job holder has a key responsibility to support and action initiatives put forward by the Principal in conjunction with AFM Senior management and other key members of staff.
Ensure that the Delegation of Authority (DOA) is strictly adhered to by all employees.
In a dynamic and fast moving market such as the UAE the job holder must be able to adapt to change willingly and be instrumental to developing the business in such an environment.
Achieve budgeted sales volumes, gross margin and net profit levels - Honda Power Products and Marine engines.
* In line with the business strategy and directly with the Branch Sales Executives, ensure that programmes and controls are in place to achieve the calendarised budgets.
* Ensure that incentive schemes are motivational and in line with group policy and budget. Quarterly reviews are essential in order to measure success.
* Develop/ Maintain Strategic Pricing model to enable sales to achieveÂ volume and GM objectives
* Develop Tactical Marketing campaigns to ensure that the business objectives are achieved
* Maximise efficiency between vehicle ordering and invoicing to reduce the stock holding days to match the strategic/ tactical plan
* Order units to minimise the stock days based upon the seasonality & volume figures defined by the Sales Planning Committee
* Minimise financial exposure within the value chain
Staffing levels, HR and Training activities
* Ensure that correct levels of the right calibre of staff in line with budget are recruited across defined areas of responsibility.
* Provide on-going training, coaching and development support.
* Manage and motivate staff to ensure morale is high and objectives achieved.
* Â Ensure at all times product knowledge of sales team is excellent.
* Take relevant action as required to performance manage staff
Budgeting and Planning
* Produce stretching yet realistic budgets for the Motorcycles Sales to ensure continuous development and improvement of the business.
* Ensure that the branch network is maintained properly in line with Al Futtaim and Honda CI principals.
* Recommend additional facilities with relevant cost/benefit analysis as and when required.
Manage stock levels
* Maintain in line with budgeted levels to support sales plans.
* Review actions as required to manage stock levels proactively.
* Maintain optimum Display & Demonstrator stocks in order to achieve the budgets and targets set.
* Conform to credit polices stipulated within the DOA.
As a member of the Management Team - to contribute to commercial and strategic decision making in order that Sales achieve their Financial & Operational KPI's in a timely manner analogous to the objectives set. To develop & implement unified business strategies to further enhance employee engagement and customer satisfaction. Adopt best practice and key leadership skills across the management teams in accord with the Principals.
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge: Graduate, preferably with a technical diploma/degree.
Minimum Experience: 7 years Sales experience of which 3 years at a Supervisory level within in a related field.
About the Company
Established in the 1930\\'s, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940\\'s and 50\\'s saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Groups continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Groups belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.