Job description / Role
At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences.
• The Sales Manager is a fully competent individual who has experience in the sales process and function of a hotel.
• The Sales Manager is a career sales professional and a top producer within hotel sales who has demonstrated through performance a commitment and expertise in direct sales.
• Responsibilities include selling guest rooms (group and transient), meeting space and other Hyatt services to customer groups, managing accounts, and conducting site inspections, solicits and generates business.
• Duties also include preparing and presenting effective proposals, maintaining well organized documentation and reports, utilizes Hyatt systems and coordinates customer service requirements as appropriate.
• The Sales Manager will also participate and may lead event meetings, sales and other staff meetings.
• The Sales Manager also works as a team member with the sales and catering staff and is in close contact with assigned Administrative Assistant and other support staff.
• Solicits, through direct sales and marketing contacts, the most complex accounts, which exhibit potential for business.
• This role may take on leadership functions and assist Director of Sales & Marketing with projects
Hyatt is a place where high expectations aren't just met-they're exceeded. It's a place of outstanding rewards, where talent opens doors to exciting challenges in the hospitality industry. It's a place where career opportunities are as unlimited as your imagination. Discover your place to shine in our warm, respectful, and inclusive culture.
• A true desire to satisfy the needs of others in a fast paced environment
• Refined verbal and written communication skills
• Must have 3-5 years of hotel sales experience
• Must be proficient in general computer knowledge.
• Must have selling, negotiating, business writing and presentation skills training
About the Company
Hyatt was founded by Jay Pritzker in 1957 when he purchased the Hyatt House motel adjacent to the Los Angeles International Airport. Over the following decade, Jay Pritzker and his brother, Donald Pritzker, working together with other Pritzker family business interests, grew the company into a North American management and hotel ownership company, which became a public company in 1962. In 1968, Hyatt International was formed and subsequently became a separate public company. Hyatt Corporation and Hyatt International Corporation were taken private by the Pritzker family business interests in 1979 and 1982, respectively. On December 31, 2004, substantially all of the hospitality assets owned by Pritzker family business interests, including Hyatt Corporation and Hyatt International Corporation, were consolidated under a single entity, now Hyatt Hotels Corporation.
Business Development Manager - Catering Industry
Senior Sales Executive
RTC-1 Employment Services
Business Development Manager
Excelsior Group ME
RTC-1 Employment Services