Job description / Role
Main role - objectives
In charge of meeting, incentives, conferences and exhibitions, work closely with the Director of Sales & Marketing and the Food & Beverage Manager to drive banquet and meetings sales and exceed monthly, quarterly and yearly targets.
- To solicit and serve transient and group business & meetings
- To generate and maintains customers of defined accounts / areas through sales activities (face to face sales calls, telephone calls, entertainment)
- To demonstrate pride in the workplace and personal appearance at all times when representing the hotel thus identifying a high level of commitment
- Maintains the highest standards of professionalism, ethics and attitude towards all hotel guests, clients and employees
- To attend major events in hotel & city as requested by Department Head
- To closely coordinate and communicate with DOSM with regards to accounts/markets that are serviced by them
- Attends all major functions and events and acts as the point of contact with the organizers
- Handles the timely set up of all venues according to the service settings and as outlined in the function sheets
- Coordinates with the F&B Manager and Banquet Manager outsourced logistical support such as contracted outside work force, contracted food and beverage supplies, music equipment, etc.
- Initiates sales calls to optimize banquet and meetings revenues
- Ensures that all mis en place is prepared according to the stipulated service requirements
- Coordinates with the Executive Chef all menu proposals presentations and other kitchen related requirements
- Actively involved in achieving the department's annual budget forecasts
- Conducts spot checks on the business activities of immediate competitors
- Ensures that all entertainers' licenses are available on hand in advance and copies are distributed to concerned parties
- Level of Education Bachelor / Licence
Areas of study
- 3 to 5 years
Skills / Qualities
- Leadership and team building skills
- Good communication skills
- Strategic planning and business skills
- Sales & marketing experience
- Computer literate
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Business Development Manager, Sales
Xerox Emirates LLC
Sales Executive - Corporate
Business Development/Sales Manager