Job description / Role
• Client Account Management on a day-to-day basis
• Handling FIT requests from the client work across a wide range of clients and focus on the retention, strategic development and growth of each.
• Being fully accountable for revenue growth within key accounts
• Providing regular two-way communication between the client and the team
• Financial reconciliation & forecasting across accounts and follow up with the client for any pending payment.
• Dealing directly with clients and negotiating with suppliers
• Develop an in-depth knowledge and close working relationship with clients from all industry segments within the designated geographic area.
• Coordination of sales activities with regional / representative sales offices.
• Attend any other duties that may be requested by the Department Head.
• Arrange and conduct site inspections and Fam trips where necessary.
• Make sure that the company system database is kept up to date, and that all account-related activities are tracked.
• Develops and maintains key accounts through personal calls, correspondence with existing / potential client base.
• Prepares the monthly forecast in conjunction with market trends, competitors’ activities and tentative business, together with the department head.
• Prepares various administrative reports such as Sales Call Activities Report, New Accounts
• At least 3 - 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
• 3 – 5 years’ experience in Destination Management Company/Tourism
• Pro-active and strong personality
• Is able to challenge in a constructive manner.
• Has the right attitude, aptitude, and displays positive behavior
• Ability to think critically and share ideas and knowledge.
• Systems / Policy driven and is able to maintain business disciplines.
• Computer literate - Word, Excel, Power Point
• Good communication skills
• Good renegotiation skills
• Goal oriented, team player, emotionally intelligent and positive/pragmatic approach
About the Company
An organization built on professionalism, extensive experience and guest-centricity, Desert Gate was a long-sought dream of a visionary who established the company in 2004 as a supplier of the local needs of top-level tour operators in the UAE. Today, it is a full-fledged Premium DMC, serving the seven emirates of the UAE, Oman and it’s newest destination - The Maldives. Over the years, the company has been recognised and rewarded for its innovative approach to product design as well as providing top notch service to its guests.
A solid financial base complemented with a well-proven, reliable top management boasting of 75 years of combined experience in the travel industry, Desert Gate envisions to become the number one Luxury travel group in the Gulf region, with a plan to expand its services to other destinations that are connected culturally to its home market.
Desert Gate is part of the MTS Globe group and through that partnership has access to the best-in-class technology and cleanest XML feed in the industry. Also, as a traditional DMC, Desert Gate has all you can expect from a first-rate ground handler, such as excellent contracting, creative excursions and superior in-resort service levels.
Desert Gate combines the very best of a traditional DMC with avant-garde technology and connectivity.