Job description / Role
Given the momentum currently enjoyed by the company, the successful candidate must, first and foremost, be a strategic thinker and business development advocate who can leverage their experience and "know how" to develop a winning value proposition. At the same time, they must be hands-on, pragmatic, and unafraid to move beyond the status quo. New approaches are welcomed to maintain a strong existing Client base whilst focusing on aggressive new logo win targets.
The successful candidate will be experienced at selling Xerox or similar ‘Technology’ solutions, where MPS and Digital Solutions are the lead offerings. He / She must be comfortable in a dynamic, customer oriented environment, and capable of leading multi-cultural sales and marketing teams to find creative solutions to achieve success.
Planning and Organisation
• Executes a key leadership role contributing to the overall business strategy, translating XEM’s strategic objectives into annual KPI’s.
• End to end accountability for planning, developing, and implementing Sales strategies, policies and procedures.
• Manage the development and implementation of all Sales Plans and monitor on a regular basis, and real time. This data should be reported back to the GM on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis with insights and actions.
• Partner and work closely with all key functions within the business, including Finance and Service to drive Sales and introduce innovative product and service propositions that increase XEM’s market share.
• Customer Excellence
• Establish and develop effective working relationships with key internal and external customers. Ensure a high level of networking and relationship management within different levels of partners and account organisation.
Strategy & Coverage
• Develop, and communicate a sales coverage plan in order to be considered in every single (solution) opportunity in the UAE subsequently implementing a “go to market” strategy to ensure that it addresses the following:
• Mass-market coverage through direct sales, telesales and channel partners.
• Focus on the three businesses verticals - Office, Production, & IWS
• Implementation of S.A.M as a standard sales-tool
• Identify & Review strategy for the top strategic and S&MB company accounts in order ensure a strong customer focused Xerox presence through our direct and indirect channels
• Work closely with relevant teams on reporting, sales processes, tools, system requirements and KPI dashboards which can be shared with the Leadership team.
• Drive consistent use of sf.com, Sales Navigator, SAP and other relevant CRM.
• Manage and monitor consistent use of the sales processes in order to improve productivity, efficiency of the Sales team to deliver business result (e.g. Gazing Tools; S.A.M. tools).
• Review sales activity regularly in order to track progress towards meeting sales targets.
Sales Governance Process
• Drive Sales Governance Processes including sales governance framework, risk management, monitoring, investigating and carrying out corrective actions. Manage channel partner SDA (Selective Distribution Agreements), as well as define and facilitate decision making.
• Initiate corrective measures/actions in case of reported deviations from agreed governance or incorrect strategy execution, including SDA breaches.
• Lead, develop and motivate Sales Effectiveness, Insights and Governance team to ensure delivery of projects and operational support
Workforce Planning & Team Management
• Ensure knowledge-sharing of the competitive landscape so to effectively manage workforce planning and development, overcoming red side diversions, and developing actions plans to close identified performance gaps.
• Sets targets, performance plans, and rigorous, objective standards for Sales Managers.
• Meet with business development team one-on-one monthly to review performance, progress, and targets (with or without Sales Manager presence)
• Participates in spontaneous sales calls and planned field days.
• Counsels and supports Managers to supports & discipline under-performers.
• Develops talent pipelines and cross-functional learning opportunities for the sales operation.
• Works collaboratively with the Marketing Communications, Sales Operations and Product Management teams to develop and effectively execute compelling and integrated multi-channel marketing strategies to drive demand for Xerox Products and Solutions.
• Understands the Voice of the Customer and Path to Purchase, translating that knowledge into recommendations in the marketing plan.
• Develops marketing investment strategies to support the plan, and to deliver the most effective ROI on marketing spend.
• Works with Xerox MEA Marketing team and local MarCom agencies to develop key messages and campaigns that are on strategy, and that resonate with target markets and help drive sales revenue through both traditional and online/digital marketing platforms.
• Supports as needed the Product Readiness processes throughout the product lifecycle.
• Works with Product Management on the development of product roadmaps, strategy and positioning from a marketing perspective.
• Reviews metrics and ROI and provides / executes any recommended change in investment strategy throughout the year
• Collaborates with Product Management to ensure optimal product transitions.
• Jointly plans and leads the execution of a 6-12 month B2Br marketing plan to increase direct and indirect revenue and profitability within budget and account priorities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
The successful candidate must be able to establish instant credibility, and will be a leader who both speaks and acts with the authority gained through experience, and who has sufficient know-how to impact the business in a powerful way. They will inevitably possess a consistent, “can do” attitude. He / She should be:
• Comfortable in an environment of broad cultural diversity.
• An outstanding communicator – able to change and flex style to suit the situation and to do so in a meaningful not a superficial way.
• Able to read people situations intuitively and be able to spot pressure points in a complex business.
• Highly out-going in every sense – ‘I go to them’ rather than ‘they come to me’.
• Able to build mutual trust with anyone – at any level.
• Curious about how to get the best out of people.
• Able to create focus across many projects and priorities simultaneously to ensure deadlines are met.
• Pragmatic manager – able and keen to initiate and implement changes to processes in response to changing circumstances.
• Analytically curious but able to personally get things done.
• Confident with dealing with the most senior Executives in the business.
• Hard working and committed.
• Able to deal with ambiguity
The role reports directly to the General Manager of Xerox Emirates, and will have a close, collaborative working relationship with the XEM Leadership team.
• Background, Experience and Achievements: 10+ years with proven sales track record with minimum 5 years in a Sales Management Leadership role within Sales Operations in similar industry. Good command of English Language (Spoken & Written). Knowledge of Arabic is a distinct advantage.
• Education: Degree in Business, Marketing or related technical field. UAE driving license is essential.
• Commercial/Technical Knowledge: Experience of negotiation at the highest level/Understanding of all business operations, including the core drivers within the sales and marketing process.
• Skills and Abilities : Leadership / Team Management; Commercial Understanding; Communication Ability; Change Orientation; Highly results Driven; Planning & communication/coaching.
Markets : UAE
Reports : Direct – 8-12
Indirect – 25-35
• Remuneration as per company pay plan.
About the Company
Xerox Corporation is an $11 billion technology leader that innovates the way the world communicates, connects and works every day across the globe in more than 160 countries. Xerox Emirates is a joint venture of Xerox Corporation & the Mohamed Hareb Al Otaiba Group.
Xerox Emirates reaches out to small and mid-size businesses, large enterprises, governments, graphic communications providers and partners who serve them.
We embrace the increasingly complex world of paper and digital, Office and mobile, Personal and social. We automate, personalize, package, analyze and secure information to keep our customers moving at an accelerated pace.
We market the entire range of Xerox digital copy, scan, print products, solutions & Managed Print Services offerings in the UAE. The product portfolio includes high-end digital production publishing and printing systems, networked color & mono laser printers & digital multi-functional office devices and solutions. Xerox Emirates Services division offers solutions for Information Management, Business Process Outsourcing & Transportation.
Xerox Emirates is ISO 9001:2008 certified for the Quality Management System which supports Customer Service, Logistics Operations, and Information Technology Services Management.